a frog in my engine

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

osvaldo garcia

a frog in my engine

Post by osvaldo garcia »

When I put the turbo modify the exhaust let the exhaust free and as straight as possible, from there randomly, especially when the engine was regulating was heard by the escape a plop plop plop, sometimes disappeared and at the time returned to appear the put .. frog. There was no sign of failure did not feel the aspiration for the escape (typical burned valve). At the last meeting of the club after having walked hard and with temperature the noise was more noticeable but there was no valve symptom burned but we all decided that it was a valve or badly regulated or burned.

a little bitch of the fucking toad .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxdEIo9ALCM

Well take the cylinder cover and looking for some detail in a valve I find a valve seat that was moving, there was the fucking little frog that closed well there were no air sucks for the escape.

The lid is already in the rectifier we will see what new ...
osvaldo garcia

Re: a frog in my engine

Post by osvaldo garcia »

Already returned the lid of the grinding machine, seats of new valves, seals, leak test all good luckily

but I made a mistake try to replace the tool that blocks the chain tensioner for a piece of wood ........ but failed so I had to disarm the entire distribution ....... afterwards if I made a "tool" as appropriate

Well it was a mistake but it gave me the opportunity to check the status of the water pump and the oil pump (impeccable after 30 years of use).

luckily it's all armed and functioning properly

english powered by google :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: