New to LD28 Diesels

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

LD28 G60

New to LD28 Diesels

Post by LD28 G60 »

Hi all,

New to the world of LD28 Diesels. They are not a common engine over here in Australia.

Anyway I have joined this forum to find out more about these little Nissan Diesels

I have purchased an old G60 series Patrol and somebody has installed the LD28 in it. The engine is not running at the moment not sur why other than the previous owner has removed the injector pipes from the IP & Injectors.

This is my first problem. Which injector line connects to which outlet on the back of the IP????

Does anyone have any diagrams or pictures that could help me out. I would like to see if the engine runs before I continue with this engine conversion or scrap the idea in favour of something else.

Any help will be appreciated.
waynosworld

Re: New to LD28 Diesels

Post by waynosworld »

Welcome

I do not know anything about LD28 engines, personally I would look at photos of an LD28 engine to see if I could answer the question myself if you don't get any timely replies, it is kinda slow around here.
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.
Duaneclark

Re: New to LD28 Diesels

Post by Duaneclark »

Yes, some pictures, this forum, U-Tube, the shop manual. Someone in Australia might have one? The easiest would be to buy the set of lines, shipping from the USA might be tough though.
Duane