Nice Quickee Front Suspension Upgrade

General information about the first-generation Nissan Maxima in the US. What was the Datsun 810 became the luxury leader Maxima in the US in 1981.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Carimbo

Nice Quickee Front Suspension Upgrade

Post by Carimbo »

While I was at the FLAPS today picking up an alternator I passed by the section where they had basic polyurethane suspension components. Picked up a set of stabilizer bar end bushings, since I recently noticed the rubber ones (front) in my car were worn, compressed, and cracking.

Best $10 spent! Car responds much more surefooted with less body roll and tire squeal. Noise level seems about the same.

This material has a reputation for squeaking, but this position applies compressive force, not twisting force, so we'll see.
kassim503

Post by kassim503 »

Do you have a PN&brand for those bushings? My napa said it was NLA, but im tempted to try pep boys with their large selection of urethane bushings
'83 maxima sedan, l24e, a/t, black

227K SOLD 6/7/2012
Carimbo

Post by Carimbo »

FLAPS had a section of an aisle dedicated to generic suspension stuff: Polyurethane bushings, spring shims, spring reducers, shackles, etc. This is where I found them, Energy Suspension brand, P/N 9.8105r, End Link Bushings. Box shows http://www.energysuspension.com.

Several hundred miles and they haven't started to squeak yet. Very noticeable improvement in roll angle.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

(click on image for larger)

Someone asked me about the power steering rack bushings, so I figured I'd put the picture of the front suspension parts here.

Insulator -- RH 54444-W1400, $7
Insulator -- LH 54445-W1400 -> 54445-F5100, $7
Dr. Jones

Post by Dr. Jones »

Way to go Al, you are my hero. Now off to find the rear suspension member bushings for a sedan.
'82 Maxima Sedan x2
'92 Saab 9000 Griffin Edition Wrecked
'80 Ford E100(twisted tranny) SCRAPPED