alternator

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

byrdlova

alternator

Post by byrdlova »

OOO god!! does anyone have an alternator working or not 4 me 720 dat diesel? Nightmare dude took my orig at the electrical shop and gave me one w no vac pump seal. i got seal customed on....bad idea cuase seal to far away from shaft and it leaks bad.. any tips or new alternators out there?
Thx Ya'll. :(
Nissan_Ranger

Re: alternator

Post by Nissan_Ranger »

It's a standard metric seal... A common error is for folks to install it the wrong way 'round. I wish I could come up with the number, but don't have that info anymore. :-( I think a professional machine shop or hydraulics shop might be able to help...

HTH,

N_R
The old 'six gun' was as popular as the cell phone in its time and just as annoying when it went off in the Theater.
byrdlova

Post by byrdlova »

already let machine shop in goergtown get as close as he could to shaft (not close enough!) cause i have an alternator i bought for the vacume pump and it's seal is closer to shaft and has the metal ring before that also is a sealer.Idiot @ electricle shop took me original and gave me on w no ring seal for pump...then he has nerve to tell me if i had old pump it would of worked. :x :x :x planb to visit that jerk today..then probobly by a parts truck on craigslist..also i gave the part # from nisan and the ausie co. said it dosen't register? The ausie co. is the only co. i can find that sells the alt-pump combo.
waynosworld

Post by waynosworld »

byrdlova wrote:already let machine shop in goergtown get as close as he could to shaft (not close enough!) cause i have an alternator i bought for the vacume pump and it's seal is closer to shaft and has the metal ring before that also is a sealer.Idiot @ electricle shop took me original and gave me on w no ring seal for pump...then he has nerve to tell me if i had old pump it would of worked. :x :x :x planb to visit that jerk today..then probobly by a parts truck on craigslist..also i gave the part # from nisan and the ausie co. said it dosen't register? The ausie co. is the only co. i can find that sells the alt-pump combo.
Where are you located?
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.