Will not turn off

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

SmokeyAz

Will not turn off

Post by SmokeyAz »

I know I have asked this before but cant find the post.

My 1982 SD22 truck will not turn off. I move the key into the off position and nothing happens. I have to leave it gear and let the clutch out to shut the engine down.
plenzen

Re: Will not turn off

Post by plenzen »

There are many posts on this topic within the SD2x forum. Use the search feature and put in DPC module and IPC motor and there will many choices to look at.

This one

http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org/viewtopi ... =IPC+Motor

is from some time ago and Al ( asavage ) details how the module and motor are "supposed" to work.

I think this is where your problem lay.,

Keep us posted on how you make out.

P
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
waynosworld

Re: Will not turn off

Post by waynosworld »

First thing I always do is unplug the injection pump controller and plug it back in to see if that fixes it, I have had at 4/5 guys come over here to have me do that and fix their issue even though I told them how to do it.
The next thing I always try is taking the injection pump controller rod off the injection pump arm and then I have someone turn the key on and off to see if the controller moves, if it does not move I replace the DPC module with another one I have, if nothing changes I replace the IP controller that has the rod going to the IP, recently my IP controller fell apart and my engine would not shut off anymore, but I went thru everything I just said above before I went after that electrical part as it is buried deep in my rig, lots of stuff in the way.
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.