DPC Diesel Pump Controller circuit for sd22 WANTED

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

arctostaphylos

DPC Diesel Pump Controller circuit for sd22 WANTED

Post by arctostaphylos »

Hi, I'm new to the forum.
A little background; I have an '81 Datsun 720 KC with sd22, 250k with 400psi compression across the board.
Bought for $300 in WA state because it was blowing white smoke badly. Found ripped leather diaphragm in IP and replaced, now it runs great. It does smoke considerably for less than 30 seconds on start-up, which is mostly fine but I want the flexibility to park overnight in places where that would be an issue.
I got an IPC motor in a 720 sd22 in the junkyard last year, but not being super familiar with the system, and stupidly thinking all the parts would be in my truck, I didnt get the DPC box itself. Or the linkage, which wasn't on the JY truck, but figured i could probably cut & drill a piece of metal for that.
Does anyone have a DPC module with the round DIN connector they would sell? Just the box/circuit, I already have a motor.
Thanks
Zach
1981 Datsun 720 King Cab SD22

Portland, Oregon
waynosworld

Re: DPC Diesel Pump Controller circuit for sd22 WANTED

Post by waynosworld »

I am across the river from you in Vancouver WA, I probably have what you need.

This time of year when it is cold outside they all miss and smoke when started if it will start at all, I have new glow plugs and an air warmer, and it still blows white smoke and continues missing for a while (30 seconds??).

You can email me at tmdatsuns@gmail.com, I am self-employed and don't work much in the winter, I hate going over to Portland, so you will need to come to me for the parts, I try to be affordable when selling my parts, but they are getting hard to find also.
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.
arctostaphylos

Re: DPC Diesel Pump Controller circuit for sd22 WANTED

Post by arctostaphylos »

Hey thanks, I'll shoot you an email now.
That sounds about right, my truck starts up without fail every time which is nice, just usually have to pull the throttle cable for 5 seconds to get it to hit on all cyls. I'm not expecting 0 smoke i just would like to put the stock DPC back on there if possible..

Yeah I don't blame you, going pretty much anywhere in Portland these days is a huge hassle, and rush hour seems to never end...

Thanks again!
1981 Datsun 720 King Cab SD22

Portland, Oregon