Maxima Fuel tank

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

bcdivad

Maxima Fuel tank

Post by bcdivad »

Need another fuel tank for my 82 maxima sedan. Mines pretty rotted along with the rest of the car really. Still runs GREAT tho. Don't want to put a lot of money into the car but want to keep the motor. It's gonna get pulled shortly and junked..... It's trash.
diesel-man
Deceased

Post by diesel-man »

I have a quite a few Maxi diesel sedans for parts here in Maryland...halfway between Baltimore and Philadelphia. If you can't find one closer, let me know. Do you need the tank guage as well? (if your lines are rusted)
bcdivad

Post by bcdivad »

There are no spare 82 maximas around here. They have all rusted away. NY uses salt around here. MURDER on steel. Mine is really rusting away. The car is trash. I just want to make it drivable over the winter. It's just a beater anyways. I'm more interested in the motor.
What do you want for the tank and sending unit? The quicker the better.
bcdivad

Post by bcdivad »

Have you got a manual flywheel for a diesel too? If I pull the motor I'm going to convert it to manual so could use a flywheel too.
bcdivad

Post by bcdivad »

Never mind the tank. I got a 22 gallon fuel and plumbed it in.