I FOUND A DRIVE SHAFT FOR MY DIESEL BACK ON THE ROAD

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

TECHVM

I FOUND A DRIVE SHAFT FOR MY DIESEL BACK ON THE ROAD

Post by TECHVM »

WELL THANKS TO EVERYBODY BUT OUR QUEST FOR THE REAR DRIVE SHAFT IS OVER. TURNS OUT THE REAR DRIVESHAFT IS THE SAME FOR DIESEL AND GAS MAXIMAS. ONLY THE FRONT SHAFTS ARE DIFFERENT FOR THE TRANSMISSION SPLINES. THANKS AGAIN.

I CAN'T FIND A GOOD USED 2ND PROPELLER SHAFT FOR MY 1982 NISSAN MAXIMA LD28 W/AUTO TRANNY. I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU IF YOU HELP ME FIND ONE. MY LOCAL JUNK YARDS HAVE NO DIESELS. THE ONLINE PARTS GUYS WANT $200 OR MORE. I HAD A BUDGET OF AROUND $100 HALF THE VALUE OF MY CAR, LOL.

THANK YOU ALL AHEAD OF TIME,[/b]
Last edited by TECHVM 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
asavage
Site Admin

Re: HELP I NEED A REAR DRIVE SHAFT 1982 MAXIMA DIESEL AUTOMA

Post by asavage »

TECHVM wrote:I CAN'T FIND A GOOD USED 2ND PROPELLER SHAFT FOR MY 1982 NISSAN MAXIMA LD28 W/AUTO TRANNY.
The front shaft is the one that goes bad. Are you certain it's the rear shaft you need?

Remember:
All Sedan Automatic shafts are the same, whether gas or diesel.

All Wagon Automatic shafts are the same, whether gas or diesel.

I might have a Wagon AT driveshaft in storage 3 hours away from me. See this post. I may have given it away already, though.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

He PM'd me: he got one at a JY that works. Yeah!