Drive Shaft needed-"84 Wagon Automatic"

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

Duaneclark

Drive Shaft needed-"84 Wagon Automatic"

Post by Duaneclark »

Well the title says it all, need the two-piece driveshaft with carrier bearing for a 1984 wagon, automatic. I'm guessing that diesel and gas are the same. Hollander shows number 54090 for all Maxima's 82-84. That confuses me some, because I thought that the new overdrive automatic for 1983 used a different front shaft? I'll take one even with worn out joints, I'll experiment to see if there's some way to replace them, or weld on new yokes. Thanks!
Duane at 303-570-2812
Duane
Duaneclark

Re: Drive Shaft needed-"84 Wagon Automatic"

Post by Duaneclark »

In reading my request, Hollander has 54090 for all 82-84 WAGONS, not all Maxima's.
Duane
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Duane, I'm pretty sure that I have two (or maybe three) Wagon driveshafts in storage, but they're at Mark's on Marrowstone Island. Do you want me to have him look? I know one has a binding u-joint, I can't recall about the others.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Duaneclark

Post by Duaneclark »

I still need one. I've compared a 1983 sedan driveshaft with the overdrive automatic to my wagon, and the output yoke for my 84 wagon is a larger diameter than the yoke from the 1983 sedan. That difference is unexpected. Both the 1983 sedan and my 1984 wagon have the overdrive automatic, I thought should be basically the same for the two years, but the splined output shaft in the wagon is the larger diameter and requires the larger yoke. Of course the wagon driveshaft is longer than the sedan. Anyway, definitely need the entire assembly, even if some of the joints aren't the best, I can have my driveshaft company install new yokes with replaceable joints. Thanks!!! Duane
Duane