Need LD28 block - willing to pay for shipping

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

inline6

Need LD28 block - willing to pay for shipping

Post by inline6 »

Hi,

I am looking for a good LD28 block (block with main caps only is fine)... near Martinsville, VA if possible. However, if it needs to be shipped via freight, that is fine. Thanks in advance!

Garrett
LanceVance

Re: Need LD28 block - willing to pay for shipping

Post by LanceVance »

I know members of ND forums have a unique distaste for 'crank pirates', but considering you only need the block, why not post on some of the Z forums..?

I know I've spoken with a half a dozen people who have LD parts, minus cranks, in the past month or two. Unfortunately, none had the oil pan I'm looking for, but plenty had the block/ancillaries.

Hybridz (I know, I know), Datsun Parts and Needs on FB both have these floating around.
inline6

Post by inline6 »

LanceVance wrote:I know members of ND forums have a unique distaste for 'crank pirates', but considering you only need the block, why not post on some of the Z forums..?

I know I've spoken with a half a dozen people who have LD parts, minus cranks, in the past month or two. Unfortunately, none had the oil pan I'm looking for, but plenty had the block/ancillaries.

Hybridz (I know, I know), Datsun Parts and Needs on FB both have these floating around.

Hi LanceVance,

I actually posted on HybridZ first about a week or so ago:
http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/123938- ... ose-to-va/

I've had no response as of yet.

I have a 240z and plan to make a 3.5 L beast out of the block (custom machining and custom liners). I don't need the stock crank as I will be using a custom made billet crank with 90 mm stroke. Anyway, I respect that diesel folks have preferences... That said, if anyone has a block that otherwise would be sitting around without a use and wouldn't mind having it turned into an 8000 rpm z car transplant, then I'd be very grateful.

Garrett
inline6

Post by inline6 »

LanceVance wrote: Datsun Parts and Needs on FB both have these floating around.

By the way, what are these? I can't find either online. If "Datsun Parts" is a website with a hyphen in it, then I know what that is. "Needs on FB" is probably Needs on Facebook, but I searched for that and can't find anything that looks like it would help track down a LD28 block. Thanks in advance.

G
LanceVance

Post by LanceVance »

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been able to get onto ND forums for the past few days?

Datsun Parts and Needs is a 'Group' on Facebook. It requires the Groups app and probably the Facebook messenger app as well. I'm not the most well versed in it's use as I've only just joined myself.
Duaneclark

Post by Duaneclark »

I have a bare block with caps if you still need one. $150 plus shipping. I'm in Colorado.
Duane