Re: Boost Compensator

Post here to test posting techniques, image attachments, try out bbcode, test signatures, report problems with the forum software, etc.

Moderator: Nissan_Ranger

asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Eldon wrote:Well this is not the best quality, but a feeble attempt here. this is a digital pic of the image on the microfiche reader screen.
I had a bunch of Honda motorcycle 'fiche that I had printed to paper, about seven years ago. The process worked well enough to then scan into JPEGs. I used a connection at the local University to do the 'fiche-to-paper part.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Eldon

Post by Eldon »

philip wrote:Eldon: It's an interesting bit of monkey motion involved in getting the boost compensator linear motion transferred over to the fuel rack. I'm guessing the compensator diaphragm (spring loaded in the "no boost" position) only takes a few pounds to overcome completely. Hmm?
Comparing the calibration specs for the 1980 SD33T Scout and the Patrol RLD pump the Boost compensator cuts the full load rack travel about 1mm for each pump. the full load rack setting is with the boost above 400mm hg for both pumps.

So you are right, that is quite a contraption for just a silly millimeter movement :D

Eldon
"Do or do not. there is no try" -Yoda
Eldon

Post by Eldon »

asavage wrote:
Eldon wrote:Well this is not the best quality, but a feeble attempt here. this is a digital pic of the image on the microfiche reader screen.
I had a bunch of Honda motorcycle 'fiche that I had printed to paper, about seven years ago. The process worked well enough to then scan into JPEGs. I used a connection at the local University to do the 'fiche-to-paper part.
Thats a good idea. I should try to find a printer somplace like that, in fact I would like to find a way to transfer stuff from microfiche and microfilm to digital.

Here is another version of the same pic I played with a bit using a negative and B&W effect. it might not be too bad if the original had been better quality

Eldon
"Do or do not. there is no try" -Yoda