Internutz Explorer 7.o

Post here to test posting techniques, image attachments, try out bbcode, test signatures, report problems with the forum software, etc.

Moderator: Nissan_Ranger

philip
Deceased

Internutz Explorer 7.o

Post by philip »

Al: About 3 weeks ago, I let Windows Update "upgrade" IE6 to IE7, MS claiming 7 was now an official release ... out of beta testing. Well ... there are bugs still. The first was all my browser text became fuzzy. Oh MS has an on-site fix routine for that which I did. Fonts still not quite as sharp as IE6 but okay. Next ... and I've now verified it ... when I use QUOTE to reply to a post, when I wish to use the URL button, nothing happens. The screen just blinks ... and I'm still where I was so I have to type out the whole URL phrase and word title. Grrr. Now, NONE of this happens using FIREFOX.

I'm about to go back to IE6 (if possible) as some other websites I visit don't like FIREFOX and I must have IE to get other Windows updates.

What say you?
Last edited by philip 17 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
philip
Deceased

Re: Internutz Explorer 7.o

Post by philip »

I couldn't wait. I 'removed IE7.o' ... which reinstates IE6.o . The first messsage to appear on the screen after reboot was "Windows has just recovered from a serious error." Jeeze. :roll:

And yes, the URL button works now.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

Carimbo

Post by Carimbo »

philip wrote:I'm about to go back to IE6 (if possible) as some other websites I visit don't like FIREFOX and I must have IE to get other Windows updates.

What say you?
Why not have both on your system, using IE only for those sites that don't work well on FF?
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

I have maintained IE6 and Firefox for at least a year. Problem is that I usually find the FF incompatibility with a website after I've typed in a bunch of stuff and the hit SEND. Grrrr. That's irritating.

Back to IE6.o and all is well again. :)
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

glenlloyd

Post by glenlloyd »

Now that's an excellent example of why I dislike automatic updates! Before you know it you get a faulty application.

steve a
97 Jetta TDI, 86 VW Golf D
89 VW Fox diesel, 92 MB 300SD W140

gir - won't the sploding hurt?
zim - silence!
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

glenlloyd wrote:Now that's an excellent example of why I dislike automatic updates! Before you know it you get a faulty application.

steve a
The move to "upgrade" to IE7.0 was a deliberate choice. Fortunately the "damage" was easily reversed.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22