Admin illness, continuing

News & discussion about the forum's server, hardware, software, upgrades, features, etc.

Moderator: Nissan_Ranger

83_maxima

Post by 83_maxima »

Good to hear, thanks Pauly.

I've been checking in lately for an update. I'm glad to hear he's got it on the run!
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

You folks run this place fine without me :)

The infected hand is fine now except some scary scars, and the antibiotics are more or less out of my system, so what's left I have to deal with on my own!

Honestly, I don't have a lot more to contribute here, I've written down most of what I know about the SDs and LDs.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
redmondjp

Post by redmondjp »

Glad to hear that your hand is healing up! Could have been way worse (hate to even think of the alternatives). Thank God for that.

I was laid off as well last November 15th. Just got a contract job at Microsoft which starts next Monday which I'm really excited about. Great pay but no benefits, and no 'real' job security (but who has that these days, except for some gov't workers?). I am thankful to have it though--1.7 miles away, so I can BIKE or WALK, so don't need to use gas, or diesel, or biodiesel (will be using a biofuel though, ha ha :) ). Going to give it my best shot and work hard to be a useful guy so they'll want to keep me on (and possibly even go direct if they really like me, but that's a long shot).

It's going to be a very good thing for the wallet, but not so good in the getting-projects-done-around-the-house department.

And, due to expanding family, bought a used Odyssey (2001 with 105K miles) that needs the timing belt service and some other things. Contrary to popular belief, the Gen II Odyssey is one of Honda's least reliable vehicles, with major transmission issues (99-04 at any rate) and a bunch of other issues. I love it, but it's not the Honda of ten years earlier as far as reliability goes. Am I ranting already? Oh shoot . . . And yeah, the spark plugs (every 100K) are $13 EACH--ouch! Why can't they import a diesel minivan, doggoneit?

/rant off
1982 Datsun 720 King Cab, SD22, 86K miles (sold)
1981 Rabbit LS 4-door, 1.6D, 130K miles (sold)
1996 Passat TDI 4-door sedan, 197K miles
Nissan_Ranger

Post by Nissan_Ranger »

I've only just seen this thread; guess I should look around more... Al, I was beginning to wonder where you had gotten to and now I know. I hope you are making way toward full recovery and that we'll see you around now again soon...

Best Wishes,

Andy
The old 'six gun' was as popular as the cell phone in its time and just as annoying when it went off in the Theater.