Posts per page

News & discussion about the forum's server, hardware, software, upgrades, features, etc.

Moderator: Nissan_Ranger

plenzen

Posts per page

Post by plenzen »

Question for you Al

Are the page lengths longer now before whatever voodoo it is that decides such things, says its time to move on to another page ?
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
asavage
Site Admin

Re: Server Blog

Post by asavage »

It looks like it's 15 posts per page, both old & new.

I had thought it was user-configurable, but stock out-of-the-box it's only globally configurable.

There's an unvalidated MOD available to let each member set his/her own number of posts per page. Do you want that ability, Paul?

I think that there's more vertical "air" in this theme, so that everything seems to take up more room. I like the old look, myself, but change is inevitable (and not necessarily for the better: witness headlight trends).
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
plenzen

Re: Posts per page

Post by plenzen »

Agreed about change, but then I am a dinosaur so,,,,,,, shrug

I was noticing that the page that concerns fuel pumps etc that is currently pretty active between myself and ehtrain was quite long before my last post actually advanced to another page.
It takes some time to load on my computer I think because of the number of photos that are there.

I'm not complaining, it just seemed that it was a "longer page".

That being said I guess we could put 15 different one word posts and the page would change, or, 15 posts with 20 pictures in each post and then the page would change ?

Do I have that right?

As stated not complaining, just wondering.
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

You have it correct: 15 posts per page, regardless of how long the posts are (or how many pics).

The number of pics loading per page will drastically slow the overall page load time, but that's an unavoidable byproduct of pictures.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
dn29626

Post by dn29626 »

Well, at least we will get used to it together.
Thanks Al for your continuing efforts here.
82 King Cab 2wd (nice)
82 Reg Cab (body damage)
Anderson , SC
Since Fall 2009