Userlist has been pruned

News & discussion about the forum's server, hardware, software, upgrades, features, etc.

Moderator: Nissan_Ranger

asavage
Site Admin

Userlist has been pruned

Post by asavage »

This board will be a decade old in a month (26Nov2005 is when I put it online).

I've just pruned (deleted) all users who signed up but never responded to the email that requests activation.

I've just pruned all users who have never posted a single post.

That came to a couple hundred users. So, if you see the "Registered Users" count to have dropped suddenly, that's why.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
plenzen

Re: Userlist has been pruned

Post by plenzen »

Is there a way to ban/bar/remove/shoot/bury/crucify/tazer, these damned spammers that get on here and try and sell us new kitchens and cell phone jammers etc. ?

Kind of like a one touch ban and clean type of option. ?

Not sure about anyone else but they annoy the crap outta me !
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
asavage
Site Admin

Re: Userlist has been pruned

Post by asavage »

In short, no.

I've already made it harder to register, but if a real human does register, they can post the crap.

Andi works hard at banning usernames and IP ranges, and then deleting the spam users, but those are after-the-fact measures, and frankly probably the best that can be done.

Every site gets them, but you don't see them much because most sites have moderators that are more active than we are.

Paul, if you want to be a moderator (and have the ability to delete a user who spams and all his posts), PM or email me.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.