FS - Ld28, 5spd starter, other bits

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

kennysgreen280z

FS - Ld28, 5spd starter, other bits

Post by kennysgreen280z »

So I purchased this complete LD off craigslist a few months ago. The intent was to find an early 810, or something else neat and old to swap it into. Needless to say, I havent found the perfect car yet, and am thinking about moving onto something newer anyways. I purchased the complete engine,transmission,front half of the driveshaft, and starter for $500, im looking for that back out of it. the motor is complete as below. I believe its from an 82, it has the oil cooler on it. check that, looking back it is from an 82. I havent fired the motor up since I have nothing to mount it in.

Over the last few months I have also aquired a spare head, throttle cable, spare A/C compressor (the one on the motor is shot) and I think a spare vaccume pump. Looking for offers on that stuff.

Willing to ship small parts. If you are serious about the motor, I can look into shipping through my work (frieght style)

It cleaned up alright

Trans on the right, with the Z trans on the left.

Please email me @ fiestaboy80 @ hotmail . com

thanks
Kenny
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Kenny, is the trans from a diesel Sedan too, or from some other Datsun?

Does the Z trans come with the pkg?

If nobody else here pipes up and has to have it, I will commit to buying it (the whole works).

Member glenlloyd (Steve) will want the A/C compressor, though he's been silent on the board for a couple of months.

Of your spare parts, only the head interests me and that not very much, but if nobody else wants it then I guess I could store it. Did you acquire it within the last month by any chance? If so, I think I know where it came from, and I hope you weren't the crank pirate that rolled the block over
:?
Last edited by asavage 16 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
legacyelectric

Post by legacyelectric »

Hey Kenny I would love to buy the a/c compressor from you, I just got my car going and the a/c compressor is locked up

If you want to sell it separate let me know what you want for it

Thanks

Larry
All for sale

982 nissan 5 spd ld28 diesel Maxima sedan just got a new oem tranny installed runs great

1983 wagon ld28 with a 5 spd tranny just put in a new (junk yard) rear-end. runs great also

1982 mercedes 300d

1997 6.5 td 1 ton
1992 6.5 td 3/4 ton
too many others to mention
kennysgreen280z

Al, I got to PAP post the crank pirating, but thought I would want a spare head for some reason. Anyways I would like to see you have all this stuff, cause I know it will be cared after. Do you happen to have a spare intake manifold? I would like one for my gasser Z.

The motor is located in Monroe, 98272. Let me know when you might be up this way. Thanks!

Kenny
kennysgreen280z

oh, and the 5 spd from the diesel sedan in the one included with the motor. The other 5spd is from a 81 280zx, and is for sale seperately for $125, unknown condition.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I have the intake for you, I'll throw it in. You have to clean it though! It's plugged but complete.

I cannot pick it all up this weekend (wedding). Actually, I'm not sure I can get there for a while, unless your need to have it all moved is urgent. PayPal? Or bring cash? Or mail a MO?

------------------

Again, if anyone else wants this package, I do not need these and will not complain if someone else wants it.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
kennysgreen280z

Al, Ive got a couple of bites from CL, so I will let those fizzle out since you arent 'in need'. I would still be interested in the intake, even if we dont follow through on the purchase. thanks

Kenny
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

kennysgreen280z wrote:Al, Ive got a couple of bites from CL, so I will let those fizzle out since you arent 'in need'. I would still be interested in the intake, even if we dont follow through on the purchase.
I'm not really following that, but OK.

The intake I have came from the same car you got the crank and head from. I got it to get it cleaned up (from EGR soot goo) and use it as a sort of advance/exchange unit for folks who wanted to do the clean-the-intake project in a weekend and wanted to have a clean one handy. Ship out my clean one, get their dirty one back and clean it up for the next person.

Judging from the price the crank fetched on eBay, you might part out that engine (intake, crank) for nearly what you're asking for the whole thing. I'd buy all of it just to keep that from happening. But if you have other folks who have a need for it, well that's better than it sitting in my storage for more years until I get around to my future project that needs a LD28. OK with me either way.

I have this wedding Sat. and I'm going to McMinnville the weekend after, and probably training classes in PDX the week after that, so I'm kind of tight for time unless I take a day off work, which I could do.
Regards,
Al S.

240ZD

Post by 240ZD »

You wanna sell the starter? I need one bad!
"Man, your engine is knocking really bad..."~
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Who are you asking?

I have a couple LD28 starters here, externally cleaned with new solenoids. $60 ea. You can occasionally get rebuilt starters on eBay for that price -- I've never bought one, but they come up every so often.

I've had several with bad solenoids in the last year.

Too bad we weren't having this conversation last week -- I could have delivered one. I met two other members while I was in the PDX area, and also delivered an IP to a CL buyer.

In a pinch, you can bolt-in a gasser starter, but they do not crank nearly as vigorously as the proper diesel version.
Regards,
Al S.

philip
Deceased

Re: FS - Ld28, 5spd starter, other bits

Post by philip »

kennysgreen280z wrote:I believe its from an 82, it has the oil cooler on it. check that, looking back it is from an 82. thanks
Kenny
Yet another exotic oil filter / heat exchanger bracket from Nissan. :wink:

-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I don't know that the pictured oil cooler/filter adapter is any different that other '81-82 LD28 adapters.
kennysgreen280z

hey guys, ive decided to hang on to all of this. The passat I was chasing ended up getting sold, so im back on the hunt for a 810 coupe, or something else interesting for this to end up in.

ill be lurkin around here still :D