FS: 70 80s maximas dealer factory service manuals and parts

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

1982zxt

FS: 70 80s maximas dealer factory service manuals and parts

Post by 1982zxt »

i have several different year early maxima NISSAN service manuals including some that are diesel specific editions.

condition ranges from a 7 to 9.5 on the manuals. about 50 assorted 1970 to 1989 datsun nissan manuals including a few of the body shop repair versions. these are nissan..not the haynes junk..

i also have a large inventory of 1986-1988 maxima parts. mechanical and trim items

paypal prefered

you can email me direct with the exact year and model of early datsun manuals you are looking for. some of these manuals are about 500 pages thick so the tracked and insured shipping is about $15 from here in canada.

thanks
jim
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Hello, Jim:

Is this a canned ad?

The only year of a Maxima or 720 diesel-specific edition is 1981 (for both).

For someone like me, who buys probably 20-40 factory service manuals and other Nissan literature per year, a list of your inventory would be more useful to me than my asking after a specific manual, but here goes:

* I am always interested in any 810/Maxima Nissan manuals & literature, 1981-83 only.

* I am always interested in any 720 manuals & literature, 1980-87 only.

I am price sensitive. I do not pay what some consider "retail" prices for manuals & literature, but I do buy in bulk when available.

Also, emailing you direct won't work unless you provide your email address publicly. This board supports Private Messaging, which does not expose your email address. If you don't want to post prices publicly -- which is always the best sales method, IMO -- feel free to utilize the PM system to quote me privately.

You don't mention where in Canada you are shipping from; please update your Profile to include your Location.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
1982zxt

nissan manuals

Post by 1982zxt »

hi al

thanks for the info

my email and paypal address is jbranger@nbnet.nb.ca

i am in new brunswick

i have several turbo and non turbo 280zx and 300zx and one 87 maxima (rare 5 speed model) for my current nissan collection.

very few of the diesel maximas were delivered our way back in the early 80s and the few that were were crushed by our jy a long time ago unfortunately.

sorted out the books and what i have are the 82 and 83 THICK 810 maxima manuals. 82-83 manuals has specs on the ld28 and the l24e engines i have the thinner 1981 810 DIESEL specific supplement which is about 100 pages and i assume only covers the items that are different than the gas 810 versions in the thick 1981 manuals.

condition of the above manuals are an easy 9.5 out of 10

i also have the 1984,85,86 and 87 maxima manuals. condition at least an 8.

on the trucks 720 series

i have the thick 1980, 1982 and 83 versions as well as the 1980 720 supplement for the 4WD specifics

truck manual are at least an 8 and 9.5 on the 4wd supplement

i can email you a few pics if you like to post this here.

as for prices i am open to offers for one or more of the above items anywhere in the world.

i normally sell z and zx parts in my ebay auctions.

btw when briefly checking out your site i discovered that the 82 maxima radio was the same as the high end 280zx unit. only difference appears to be the separate dash face plate portion.

jim
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Jim, you may want to check out the popular "eBay FSMs thread" (page 4 begins here) to see what comes up on eBay, in terms of selling prices.

In descending order of interest:

* I am interested in acquiring specifically the 1981 diesel supplement (I have two but sold one recently, and though I personally prefer to use the '82-83 FSM for LD28 info, some folks insist on the 1981 Supplement, so I keep a couple around).

* The 720 1982 FSM -- they are in constant demand and I have run out of spares.

I typically pay US$5 up to about $12 for really, really nice ones. I've bought several for $0.99 + shipping at eBay. I have only bought one manual for more than $15 (it was a rare year and in mint condition).

I would like to let this sit for a week or so, and allow anyone else who may be interested in any of these to pipe up and negotiate with you. What you have "left over" at that time, perhaps you can put a price on the lot and maybe we can come to an arrangement. I never bid against anyone who needs one.

I was kind of hoping you had Maxima or 720 literature other than FSMs. Nissan had some specialty manuals or glorified bulletins on specific systems such as A/C, emissions control, and transmissions.

I have a "complete set" of 720 and 810/Maxima FSMs, and buy overstock to supply anyone who wanders in and needs one "right now", assuming I have spares. I always point folks to eBay first (and have a handy link in the FAQ to my eBay Saved Search), but sometimes a FSM in a particular year is not available at an eBay price right away, and so I have a couple of shelves of spares.

On the Maxima/280ZX radio: I have several, and it seems that they go south after a while (I have a collection with various symptoms) but only one really nice one. A factory reconditioned unit. I could be talked out of it . . . but it would be pretty expensive, I'm afraid.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
1982zxt

fsm

Post by 1982zxt »

thanks al

i never noticed your ebay link before

browsed some of your posts there and like you say you have got some yourself for next to nothing asidse from the shipping costs.

the ebay sellers make zero on anything that sells for under $5 when all their fees are factored in.ebay listing, selling, paypal and in my case the $ conversion of the auction and shipping total to cdn$

only the 240z 280z 280zx and 300zx manuals get prices over $25 for the manual that were $70 to $140 when new

i made a deal with our local nissan dealer to get all their old pre 1990 manuals when they moved to new larger premises a few years ago and actually never took all the small supplements and technical bulletins they had which we pitched.

the early maximas were quite a flagship with features way ahead of the competition several parts were interchangeable with the corresponding 280zx or 300zx.

my 87 5 speed maxima has the cornering front headlights and the adjustable air shocks also found on the 300zx turbo only models from 84 to 89

on the manuals

i might just list all 50 i have on ebay with the winner having a choice of one of the 50 specific year and models..so i dont get stuck with paying ebay over $50 for the listings alone

jim