wiring diagram

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

elbow

wiring diagram

Post by elbow »

Does anybody have a wiring print for a 92 D21 4x4 p/u with a z24?
LD20 in my 4x4
elbow

wiring

Post by elbow »

I am putting an alt from a 720 diesel in a 92 truck because I swapped to a diesel and was wondering if I suould remove a diode that is located in the circut that has the charging light, don't know if it will do any harm because the 720 alt. didn't have this. Bob
LD20 in my 4x4
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

You mentioned "bulb check" to me in an email. This feature may be a reason to retain a diode, but it's impossible to guess without some circuit diagrams. This is not the sort of thing one can generally guess at.
elbow

wiring

Post by elbow »

Sorry, between the charging bulb and the L connector is a diode and a bulb check relay but I have three different prints and none are the same. I have the service manual and the hanes manual but I guess you need the print for your year to be sure. trying to find one but having little luck. I had an alt.(Beck arnley) fron advance discount auto that turned out to be bad from stock and finally got a replacement today and this one is not the same as the old one. I ordered one for an 82 720 both times. this one has a three blade connector as opposed to the other one which had two. I was reading another post where you were explaining that this alt. is most likely an LR160, so I will hook it up the way you said using ign. sw. pwr. not acc. power to (R). Bob
LD20 in my 4x4
elbow

alt.

Post by elbow »

Thanks Al, I put the second alternator in today and had complete success with both the alt. wiring and the vacuum pump. the vacuum pump you sent is almost twice the size of the one that came with this motor. I think this ld20 was supposed to go in a much lighter veh. in Japan. My braking is better now. She runs like a raped ape. Bob
LD20 in my 4x4