On the road again!!! again....

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

after oil

On the road again!!! again....

Post by after oil »

With some help, and a thousand bucks, my sd25 D21 is driving again!! I put in a motor and tranny from my parts truck, with the rebuilt(twice) head from my truck. It seems to be running fine on diesel and WVO. But I'm worried because it's still using oil :?

I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks....
"... the rare and elusive 1987 D21/SD25, I have come to believe these trucks exist ONLY in the minds of people who own them. " phillip R.I.P.

1987 nissan d21 SD25, canada/2 tank SVO
1993 mitsubishi delica chamonix 4X4 diesel van
philip
Deceased

Re: On the road again!!! again....

Post by philip »

Have you noticed that svo/wvo, maintenance, and burning engines costs more money overall than staying with diesel D2 fuel?
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
REDNECK

Post by REDNECK »

If it was not for hopes and dreams, the world would still be flat.....irregardless of costs

my 2 cents
87 D21,SD25.
may she NEVER stop smokin!
after oil

Post by after oil »

Thanks Philip. My engine burned because the head gasket blew, and then the rings. I at first accepted the advice from the experts here that SD head gaskets don't commonly blow. I'm not driving on wvo because of the $$. It repulses me that so many people have to die and so much devastation must occur just for a few drops of petroleum.

Redneck! thanks for the support, the D21/SD25ers must stick together!
"... the rare and elusive 1987 D21/SD25, I have come to believe these trucks exist ONLY in the minds of people who own them. " phillip R.I.P.

1987 nissan d21 SD25, canada/2 tank SVO
1993 mitsubishi delica chamonix 4X4 diesel van