LD20IIT engine specs

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

85_720

LD20IIT engine specs

Post by 85_720 »

anyone know the hp/torque ratings on the LD20II turbo engines? will they fit in a 85 720 4x4? I have heard that some engines have problems with the steering getting in the way.

jon
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

LD20T will fit in a petrol 720 4x4.its older design and less power and would be similar in power to a good L20B with a wider tourque curve.

LD20IIT has oil pick up at the very front and will need major oil surgery to fit around the front diff off an old 720 4x4.

the engine block mayhave the older oil passages to make modification easier and the sump flange is the same shape untill you get to the front oil pump case.----dry sump looks good at this point.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
85_720

Post by 85_720 »

what type of major surgery? do you just need to build a different oil pan and make a longer oil pickup tube? I have seen people do the oilpan mods on the sd engines. doesn't look that hard if you can weld, which I can.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

If you have a L petrol sump you need to modify the front section and make a oil pipe to reach the front.

a Z sump you could be cut off and joined the the original LD sump.
you need enough space at the front under the first cyl as the oil pipe comes out the botton-center of the pump at a lower level than conrod.

oil dip stick can be moved.

a large oil tank mounted to the chasis across the front could be conected to the engine with flex hoses. this is what i mean be dry sump.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

LD20IIT auto on yahoo.jp