Looking for TD27 turbo with 5speed trans

Other Nissan diesel engines and vehicles: TD/RD/YD/FD/UD etc.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

Pathfinderglug-glug

Looking for TD27 turbo with 5speed trans

Post by Pathfinderglug-glug »

Does anybody know where one could buy a TD27 with a 5 speed transmission or a TD27 that has a bell housing attached. I am wanting to convert my 1996 D21 pick up to diesel and eventually burn waste veggi oil. I am located at Regina, Saskatchewan
I drive a 95 pathfinder and have purchased a 2nd 1990 pathfinder and 96 4x4 pu and 97 2wd pu from salvage yards, I also have some trucks with good bodies for parts. I want to learn more about converting some of these to diesel and burning biofule
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

AJ at (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) sometimes imports them. I am not recommending him, only passing his name/business along. He does not seem to have any right now.

Here's a TD27 in southern California for $1525. No trans or bellhousing though.
Image Image Image Image
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Pathfinderglug-glug

Thanks Al, I contacted the guy at Soshin in South Gate CA and he said that they had a bell housing for it for $250. I have asked him for the approx lbs so I can get a quote on the shipping. A fellow nissan/diesel enthusiast from Toronto that I stumbled across online said he purchased one from a Ont supplier 2 years ago that had the motor, tranny and all running gear for $1200. He installed it in a 91 D21 4x4, he said the install was pretty straight forward (all most a drop in) and that it has great power. I contacted the place where he got his and they said that they don't import diesels any longer.
I drive a 95 pathfinder and have purchased a 2nd 1990 pathfinder and 96 4x4 pu and 97 2wd pu from salvage yards, I also have some trucks with good bodies for parts. I want to learn more about converting some of these to diesel and burning biofule
zluster

Post by zluster »

Pathfinderglug-glug wrote:Thanks Al, I contacted the guy at Soshin in South Gate CA and he said that they had a bell housing for it for $250. I have asked him for the approx lbs so I can get a quote on the shipping. A fellow nissan/diesel enthusiast from Toronto that I stumbled across online said he purchased one from a Ont supplier 2 years ago that had the motor, tranny and all running gear for $1200. He installed it in a 91 D21 4x4, he said the install was pretty straight forward (all most a drop in) and that it has great power. I contacted the place where he got his and they said that they don't import diesels any longer.
You might also consider the ZD30 engine, its a whole generation newer and makes some more HP and torque.

The guy in southgate said he could get a pullout clip for me.
tkocrewsr

zd30

Post by tkocrewsr »

who did you contact for the zd30 front clip and what was the price? as i have a d21 and i would rather try to find a zd30 over td27.
Pathfinderglug-glug

Thanks, I was not aware of any D21's that were fitted with the SD30. I am glad to know that there is another option for this truck. I have been trying to do some price comparisons on these engines as I would like to get at least 3 quotes (hopefully from reputable companies) before I decide who to go with. I have been talking with a company from Vancouver BC that specialize in importing Nissan Skyline parts, they have since branched out into other parts. He said that they get a container shipped every month and that he would look for the TD27, I will also ask him for a quote on the SD30
Best Regards
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

Pathfinderglug-glug wrote:Thanks, I was not aware of any D21's that were fitted with the SD30.
There never was an SD30. Starting in 2002, the brand new ZD30 (DOHC) came out for the Nissan Navara.

http://www.4wdworld.com.au/releases/navara.htm
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
Pathfinderglug-glug

Nissan ZD30

Thanks for the link, I am going to phone my guy in Vancouver to see if he can locate this and what it would cost
zluster

Re: Nissan ZD30

Post by zluster »

Pathfinderglug-glug wrote:Thanks for the link, I am going to phone my guy in Vancouver to see if he can locate this and what it would cost
i would be interested in knowing what they would charge as well
fnnissan

Post by fnnissan »

would the td27's bellhousing bolt onto my 87' 4x4's 4 banger tranny? Ive looked at td27 videos on you tube and it looks to be the same tranny.
87 nissan HB, z24i, d44 SAS, d44 rear, 5.38s, posi rear, front about to be locked...
Pathfinderglug-glug

I am still waiting on my motor. I paid half down on (2) TD27 turbo engines in Feb, the importer found me 2 engines with mechanical pumps in mid March. I am told that my engines are in a container in Vancouver and that I should have them in 2 weeks.....I hope. When I finally get my hands on them I should be able to answer your question.