nissan RD21

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

ichnos66

nissan RD21

Post by ichnos66 »

Good evening, I'm new to this forum. I need some information. It 'possible that the vehicle Nissan King Cab year 1990 have an engine, Perkins? My mechanic says the engine on my King is a perchins while I argue the opposite. you can have some photos of the Nissan SD25 engine? Who gives me the following information: What does the acronym RD21 Nissan? Thanks
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

Not sure what "R"D21 desgnates but D21 is the one that is pictured here:

http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org/viewtopic.php?t=1427

There are a number of photos of the engine campartment in the pages to this link. This truck is equiped with the SD 25 engine.
It may be that Nissan continued to make diesel pickups after 1987 but I am not aware of any of them comming to North America, or to Canada. The D21 Diesel in 1987 only came to Canada and not to the US.

Perhaps update your profile so we know what part of the world you are located

Hope this helps

Paul
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

european model code will be KLRD21???F?Q shortwheel base,king cab,TD25,manual

possible it has a perkins or some other engine brand as countries like italy have engine size and type restrictions.D21 was built in egypt with TD27.
aprox 1800 per year.with small production runs some countries can produce specials.

friend had pictures of D21 with range rover badges in a new dealer-it had an VM engine.

old SD25 engine looks like a perkins type conversion engine.the company often designed engines for other company and modified existing petrol engine to run on diesel.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
ichnos66

Post by ichnos66 »

davehoos

Post by davehoos »

looks like nissan UD SD25.jenuine japanese pickup.

on the bulkhead will be a plate with model details.
the Vin number/model code tell you what type of truck it is and under this is the information used for ordering parts ---
one will be the engine type,gearbox model and axle ratio.

SD cyl heads are manufactured new by many companies.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
ichnos66

Post by ichnos66 »

Help !!!!!!!!! Who will help me find a manufacturer that makes international shipments of cylinder head for Nissan SD25 ........ many thanks!!
:lol:
:roll:
ichnos66

Post by ichnos66 »

Having traveled far and wide are able to find the cylinder head Nissan King Cab model SD 25. I removed from an old Datsun abandoned and half devoured by the flames. A grind huge steal the head of that piece: as all the bolts were welded, not counting those that are soft with a normal twist of my friend Hulk! However, after removing the head I got two stories: a beautiful and an almost ugly. The good was that there were no water leaks and the seal was integrated despite the heat of the fire. The bad was that it blew a cap of the first chamber and the hole was present in a lesion of the head block. Mr. Donato has made the adjustment, the main test and cleared the hydrodynamic head told me that there was a slight loss at the exhaust manifold. I removed the valves and the head needs a grinding valve seats in the whole series and merlin, including drain plugs must be replaced. Guys, from your knowledge, I know whether it's worth it to mount that head? I would opt for the assembly, which is bad ...... try another head .....
Do you have a supplier that I can send the kit series emery??
I greet all