Ld28 oil pan question

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Post Reply
Datsmo
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: CA

Ld28 oil pan question

#1

Post by Datsmo »

Hello all,

New to the forum. I wanted to see if someone out there can possibly post a picture of an Ld28 oil pan. Im trying to compare oil pans. I searched everywhere online and couldn’t seem to find any pictures.

Any help w/pictures would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by Datsmo 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
rlaggren
Posts: 541
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: San Francisco

#2

Post by rlaggren »

Wish I could help. I thought there _should_ be pics of the pan around here but I can't find any. Maybe somebody else might know where to look.. I do have LD28 dimensions which include the pan but it's for a center sump model which I'm afraid doesn't work for you.

Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
nogrip
Posts: 46
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: hokitika, new zealand

#3

Post by nogrip »

i have a front bowl sump here on a motor im wrecking...
but its in nz
ld28t in a 81 transit van
Datsmo
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: CA

#4

Post by Datsmo »

rlaggren wrote:Wish I could help. I thought there _should_ be pics of the pan around here but I can't find any. Maybe somebody else might know where to look.. I do have LD28 dimensions which include the pan but it's for a center sump model which I'm afraid doesn't work for you.

Rufus
Rufus,

Thanks for your reply. So there is two type of oil pans? I found part numbers 11110-W2500 & 11110-W2501. Maybe one is front sump and the other is mid sump?

Again thank you!
Datsmo
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: CA

#5

Post by Datsmo »

rlaggren wrote:Wish I could help. I thought there _should_ be pics of the pan around here but I can't find any. Maybe somebody else might know where to look.. I do have LD28 dimensions which include the pan but it's for a center sump model which I'm afraid doesn't work for you.

Rufus
Rufus,

Thanks for your reply. So there is two type of oil pans? I found part numbers 11110-W2500 & 11110-W2501. Maybe one is front sump and the other is mid sump?

Again thank you!
Datsmo
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: CA

#6

Post by Datsmo »

nogrip wrote:i have a front bowl sump here on a motor im wrecking...
but its in nz
oh nice! do you have pictures?? :D Are you selling parts of that motor?
nogrip
Posts: 46
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: hokitika, new zealand

#7

Post by nogrip »

yup im gonna strip it for parts..

the crank ill offer to guys with l28s as a stroker crank..
the rest will be parted out..

front bowl sump with oil pick up.
ipump
head etc....
its turbo with l20/28 manifold and turbo...

although i may keep the manifold and turbo as a spare for my l20et thats going into it...

located in new zealand...
ld28t in a 81 transit van
Datsmo
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: CA

#8

Post by Datsmo »

nogrip wrote:yup im gonna strip it for parts..

the crank ill offer to guys with l28s as a stroker crank..
the rest will be parted out..

front bowl sump with oil pick up.
ipump
head etc....
its turbo with l20/28 manifold and turbo...

although i may keep the manifold and turbo as a spare for my l20et thats going into it...

located in new zealand...

How much for the - front bowl sump with oil pick up?

Thx
nogrip
Posts: 46
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: hokitika, new zealand

#9

Post by nogrip »

offers mate...

realistically it wont be pulled apart for about 2 weeks cos im gonna get it safety inspected for the rd first so i can drive it legally,then ill pull it out...

i can measure the sump and get you a price if you like..
i would guess that it would cost a fair bit..

are you in cali??
ld28t in a 81 transit van
Datsmo
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: CA

#10

Post by Datsmo »

nogrip wrote:offers mate...

realistically it wont be pulled apart for about 2 weeks cos im gonna get it safety inspected for the rd first so i can drive it legally,then ill pull it out...

i can measure the sump and get you a price if you like..
i would guess that it would cost a fair bit..

are you in cali??
Yes, I'm in California. Hmm it might be expensive to ship from NZD to US. Well once you get things sorted if you could send me photos and a price.


Thanks!


Anyone else have pictures of front sump LD28 oil pan w/ears/wings?
Datsmo
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: CA

#11

Post by Datsmo »

I found a pan.


Thank you everyone.
nogrip
Posts: 46
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: hokitika, new zealand

#12

Post by nogrip »

well done... 8)
ld28t in a 81 transit van
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests