Kiki Injection Pump Removal HELP PLEASE!!!

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

dangrrangr

Kiki Injection Pump Removal HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by dangrrangr »

Hello i am a new member and i am having some major troubles on how to get the injection pump removed so i can swap my cam out because of a worn cam lobe due to a stuck lifter. can anyone help me or guide me on what to do. Because it seems the gear and rotor are in front of the cam gear.. and the rotor from the injection pump must be removed so i can remove the cam. ? anyone did this before?[/img]
dangrrangr yes i have a 91' ford ranger with a sd22 engine out of a fork lift and 720 5 speed tranny :)
larrynsr

Post by larrynsr »

That gear is called a "timer." It has weights in it that advance the pump timing at a certain RPM. You will need a screw in type puller to remove the timer. That is the only way to do it. When you get it removed, be careful because there is a tiny key that is on the tapered shaft. Don't let it drop. Have you tried Nissan, or Snap-on? I have one, but I don't know where my dad bought it from.
81' Volvo 240 Wagon
SD25/Turbo/Intercooler/Propane
dangrrangr

Post by dangrrangr »

pulley puller pulled it right off perfectly thanks tho
dangrrangr yes i have a 91' ford ranger with a sd22 engine out of a fork lift and 720 5 speed tranny :)