Info on putting SD22 in a KIA Sportage ??

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

kibbleking

Info on putting SD22 in a KIA Sportage ??

Post by kibbleking »

Hello Everyone, Clancy here... have any of you folks put a nissan SD22 in a kia
sportage ?? Its on my wish list... I have a good SD22 and a kia with a bad engine.. The SD is out of an 1982 720 and the kia is a 1995.. Are the bell housing and manual transmission that fit the SD one piece or two ??
Are the bell housings that fit the gas engine the same as the ones that fit the diesel ??

Thanks
Clancy
dn29626

Post by dn29626 »

Two piece.
The front of the front section (bell housing) either bolts to a diesel or a gasser but not both. The back of it will fit either tranny.
82 King Cab 2wd (nice)
82 Reg Cab (body damage)
Anderson , SC
Since Fall 2009
elminero67

Post by elminero67 »

Not trying to be negative, but that sounds like a very complex conversion for what youll end up with. If you can get it tthe SD22 to fit, the amount of labor spent fabricating mounts and fixing all of the wiring snafus would involve most of your weekends for a year...speaking from experience
sidevalve

measure twice, cut once.

Post by sidevalve »

go for it. make it work.
!987 toyota 2wd pick-up with a SD22 from a 82 720.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

sportage was mazda based.
maybe an R2 might be easier.

if rear wheel drive only anything possible.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
Arnold90

Re: Info on putting SD22 in a KIA Sportage ??

Post by Arnold90 »

kibbleking wrote:Hello Everyone, Clancy here... have any of you folks put a nissan SD22 in a kia
sportage ?? Its on my wish list... I have a good SD22 and a kia with a bad engine.. The SD is out of an 1982 720 and the kia is a 1995.. Are the bell housing and manual transmission that fit the SD one piece or two ??
Are the bell housings that fit the gas engine the same as the ones that fit the diesel ??

Thanks
Clancy
hi there mate. have you tried looking for online information for that? Much better if you will go to a Kia auto dealer and shop because they might have the sufficient information that you need. thanks.
I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone. - Steven Wright