starting circuit

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

dieselfink

starting circuit

Post by dieselfink »

does anybody have the starting circuit wiring diag for a 83 maxi realy getting tired of jumping it at the starter....ginition switch is sending power in the start position@black/yellow wire then somewere it turns to black/red to starter ...ive checked the green relay which im assuming is the starter relay, it is good but getting no power @ coil side of relay..alldata has nothing that i have found on the starting circuit phhh..
83 maxi, ld28, fire ringed, copper head gasket, 5 angle valve job, ported head, coustom turbo flange, gt28r ball bearing turbo 20psi of boost@1250degrees, timing bumped, full load screwed, cold air, straight piped, 308k miles..for now
Carimbo

Post by Carimbo »

Most likely it's the corroded wire connection in the wire bundle running on top of the "frame" rail under the fuel filter. BTDT, it's been written up and pictured up here on the forum somewhere, you'll find it if you search.

Here is the thread:

Main wire harness break that prevents starting
http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org/viewtopi ... ght=solder

As a temp. workaround I have run a separate wire from the ignition switch to the relay.
Last edited by Carimbo 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Carimbo

Post by Carimbo »

Moderator, I see I just replied to what appears to be a double post by OP. This would be more helpful for future readers in the Gen1 Maxima (1981-84) "starting circuit" thread, can you move it there, thanks!
Dr. Jones

Post by Dr. Jones »

I just caught that also.
'82 Maxima Sedan x2
'92 Saab 9000 Griffin Edition Wrecked
'80 Ford E100(twisted tranny) SCRAPPED
dieselfink

Post by dieselfink »

Thanks a bunch Guy..I got it firing up with the key :D
83 maxi, ld28, fire ringed, copper head gasket, 5 angle valve job, ported head, coustom turbo flange, gt28r ball bearing turbo 20psi of boost@1250degrees, timing bumped, full load screwed, cold air, straight piped, 308k miles..for now