looking for 83 L4N71B flex plate...maybe torque converter

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

dieseldude

looking for 83 L4N71B flex plate...maybe torque converter

Post by dieseldude »

Require L4N71B flex plate..maybe torque converter. Read L3 and L4 is different..although have found anything definitive.

Thanks
Ken
elminero67

Post by elminero67 »

Is L4N71B the designation for the auto transmission used in the SD23's?

I have a JDM SD23 with auto tranny being delivered this week. I do not need the transmission, but do need a flywheel to run the 5-speed. If the tranny I'm getting is the L4N71B, will be willing to trade or make a deal.
dieseldude

Post by dieseldude »

Thank you for replying.

The L4 I have came to me out of the vehicle. Long story..traded and purchased four LD28 Maxima's. Two cars were complete..two not so.

I do not know if the flexplate will fit. I know the diesel converter is bulkier for weight required for dynamics and flexplate like a bowl...and from my research looks like the L3 from 82 and the L4 from 83 all share the same...although cannot find absolute proof. Unknown if yours will be compatable. I will research and see if will...probably should if L4.

Maybe some one else can help us on this. The L4 was used in numerous Asian vehicles. Seems like not many members can answer diesel automatic interchange component issues.

Thanks,

Ken