SD25 Inline IP / SD25 VE IP / TD27t FAQ

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

plenzen

Re: SD25 Inline IP / SD25 VE IP / TD27t FAQ

Post by plenzen »

The very one I had.
It started to be difficult to seal and was the source of air getting into the system. The O rings, especially the large one that went to the top was a PITA to get into place. They shrunk a bit in the packages and you had a hell of a time getting them to stay in place while you screwed it all back together. I still have some of the filters and O rings here for it. Why I have them I don't know but I do.
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
ehtrain

Post by ehtrain »

i thought I had this in here somewhere.

TD27T VE injection pump number that should just bolt up to the sd25 for turbo compensation is -- 10F2050RNP752. this should have the same 10mm pump body as the sd25. so in theory it should run fine with some minor fuel adjustments. the sd25 VE pump gear should just bolt up to the TD27T pump, and the td27t pump should just bolt up in the same place as it has the same general pump body for the sd25 and the td27t.

as for proper pump Timing... I'm not sure my gut instincts tell me to time everything as the td27t. my only concern is that like the sd23 the td27t has a slightly shorter engine stroke vs the sd25. So something tells me the timing may not be just right for the longer stroke motor. it may require say 6-7 degrees timing vs the 4 degrees the td27T calls for in the FSM
ehtrain

Post by ehtrain »

using my own posted info ....