ISO LD28 Injection Pump and Tach-N-Time Tool

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

nissan_nerd

ISO LD28 Injection Pump and Tach-N-Time Tool

Post by nissan_nerd »

Hello, I know this forum has been quiet for the past few years, but I am in desperate need to help on my 82 Maxima Diesel.

My injection pump has started leaking from the top, and its just been getting worse as time goes on. I drive the car everyday and it still runs amazing! I was just quoted $1500-$2000 to reseal the IP even with me removing and installing it myself...

I am now willing to reseal it myself at this point, but want another spare injection pump. If anyone who happens to come across this post who has one they are willing to sell please drop a comment, and we will work something out!

I am also looking for a Tach-N-Time tool and any other LD specific parts for spares.

I do NOT want to kill another good running LD
1982 Maxima Diesel
1984 Maxima Gasser
Markb280

Re: ISO LD28 Injection Pump and Tach-N-Time Tool

Post by Markb280 »

FYI on facebook some one is selling 3 whole diesels Maxima's it is on facebook forum "Nissan Datsun 810 & 910 Maxima Owners"
nissan_nerd

Post by nissan_nerd »

I did see that post on FB! I really do hope those cars are saved instead of crank fodder to build a 3.1 that will barely run.

As for my search for an injection pump, I managed to source one from a junkyard maxima, and a seal kit from a member here!
1982 Maxima Diesel
1984 Maxima Gasser
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I sold my main Kent-Moore Tach-n-Time a couple years back, but I recently found my spare one. If you're in the market for one, PM me. I'll put power to it and make sure its display still lights up, but I am EV now and have no diesels in the stable anymore.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Aashi

Post by Aashi »

Hello everybody
For precision diesel fuel injection and exact engine timing, you need the ISO LD28 Injection Pump with Tach-N-Time Tool. a proven formula for sustaining peak performance and effectiveness.