1987 D21 SD25 for sale; - - - - - SOLD !

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

plenzen

1987 D21 SD25 for sale; - - - - - SOLD !

Post by plenzen »

The time has come for me to part with this truck. I'm getting on in years now (71 this year) and am just not as ???? flexible and mobile as I was, and the motivation to work on vehicles is coming to an end. I'm not really enjoying crawling under them anymore. Oil changes, and winter tire swaps are about the extent of it these days.

I still drive the truck daily.

I am technically the 2nd owner of this truck as my dad bought it new in 1987 in Vancouver B.C. I've had it since I posted it on this forum way back.

The truck still runs like a champ and I would not have any second thoughts about driving from Southern Alberta to Prince Edward Island across Canada or even to Florida.

Comes with many, many, MANY spares that I have collected over the years, many still in their Nissan packaging.
Too many to list here for this ad, but I will be happy to relay what they are to anyone interested, just PM me.
I'd have to do a complete inventory.

Not sure what I want in the way of $$$'s for it but I will consider all offers for the whole lot.
I'm really not interested to start selling the spares one thing at a time and would like to get rid of it all at once.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it, she's no beauty queen anymore. Some "oxidation" has found a home and it would need a box and a couple of front fenders. The tail gate, hood, roof are still good as is the cab and the doors for the most part. ( drivers door might need hinge pins)

Anyone is interested then PM me.

Paul
Retired Pauly
Problem with being retired is that you never get a day off.
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
waynosworld

Re: 1987 D21 SD25 for sale

Post by waynosworld »

If you were closer I know someone that would likely consider buying it, he was the one that got me into Datsun/Nissan diesel trucks, parts interest me also but I have not had the need for them lately, that flywheel you have/had...........
I know the voices are not real,
but they have some really good ideas.
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

Importing it to the US might be a bit of a challenge.
Emissions/age etc etc. Not even sure how that would work.

I guess there are ways around everything, but changing the title from a Canadian seller to a US owner not too sure.
Retired Pauly
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
waynosworld

Post by waynosworld »

I know it used to be easy, I bought a 1986 Nissan 720 with an SD25 diesel that originally came from Canada, that was the first diesel engine I ever seen that had factory power steering, I have never seen one with a factory tachometer.
hitch

Post by hitch »

I've been away from the forum for a long while, but would love to have and SD25 for a project. I'll pm you and we can discuss, if you feel like selling it to see most of it scrapped to get the engine from it.
Current cars, 81 720 diesel king cab, 79 210 woody wagon, 72 510 2 door, 83 Maxima, 77 B210.
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

I wish this one had a tach, but sadly it does not. I looked into "Tiny Tach" years ago and found that the display was too small and not enough contrast in the numbers for my aged eyes to see, plus it refreshed too quickly and hard to keep track of especially while driving . Autometer ( I think) made one with a reflective tape on the front pully and pick up mounted somehow on the front cover but it was, as I recall pretty spendy. There was also some sort of alternator mod but it looked way too complicated to me.
For driving I prefer an analogue type gauge as opposed to digital. Tune up and under hood stuff then yeah, but for quick view analogue sweep in a circle type is my preference.

I guess I could list a few of the spares that I have that might/may spark a bit more interest.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or maybe not.
Of course once the truck is yours you could dispose of these as you see fit.

Factory Service manual for the D21 with 4cyl/ 6Cyl, gas and SD25 diesel.
Book is in really good shape and complete although the glued binding is starting to come loose allowing for some sections to come loose. I guess there is a process for "rebinding" it but I'm really careful with how I handle it.
Contains complete rebuild instructions for all 3 engines as well as the transmissions, chassis, electrical etc. I think it ( containing the SD info) was only available in Canada and I recall some discussion about it in one of the older forum topics from years ago. I may have even posted a picture of it back in the day.

LIST:
New in the Nissan Box Flywheel with ring gear
Clutch/Pressure plate still in blister pack (LUK kit)
New Rear main seal
2 Head Gasket sets complete in blister packs (NOS that I got from Al years ago)
New in the box water pump
New in the bag valve cover gasket
New in the bag throttle cable.
Spare fan clutch (used)
Various thermostats, senders, sensors, seals etc.
All new rubber molded hoses for engine/ heater core, oil cooler, water pump, bypass etc. ( some duplicates of each)
2 spare new intake air heaters ( Yanmar Diesel part)
Spare new diesel inline lift pump ( Yanmar diesel part, makes filter changes a breeze)
Numerous glow plugs many new in the boxes. ( just purchased 6 new ones in February)
2 new Fan Belts 1 water pump/ alt. 1 PS
Numerous suspension parts, bushings etc. Idler arm rebuild bushings ( new )
Left and Right rear "Bent glass" vent windows for the extended "King Cab" D21
Spare left rear tail light

These are things that I can recall from memory and a just quick look in boxes, but there are more many small bits and bites as well.
Some windshield under cowel trim clips come to mind.

Paul
Retired Pauly
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
waynosworld

Post by waynosworld »

I have an Isspro analog diesel tach myself with a red needle, I had to glue 2 magnets on the front crank balancer, and then install a pickup probe really close to the magnets, it all looked light duty to me, but it has been on there for over a decade without any issues and it is very dirty down there.

This one is the one I have.

https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e87x-IvHHX ... tb=1&ntb=1

I also have a "tiny tach", a couple of them actually on my diesel trucks, and one on my commercial pressure washer, the first one worked great on my first 720 diesel truck, the second one on my 720 diesel dually would revert back to total hours when I let off the pedal, that was very annoying, I will not own another one as the manufacturer refused to fix it.

Good luck with the sale, it takes a certain type to own one of these small diesel trucks.
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

That ISSPRO looks interesting. The one I looked at all those years ago had reflective tape and then an IR light I think that looked at it.

Yes about "special people" owning these things. Kind of like some weird cult.

p
Retired Pauly
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
Cfehr

Post by Cfehr »

I have run a few of these small diesel trucks for many years. I am interested in the truck and parts. I still have a parts truck as well.
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

PM sent.
Retired Pauly
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
plenzen

Post by plenzen »

Up Date as of April 02-2024

Vehicle has been sold to a very nice person.
Retired Pauly
1987 D21-J SD25 KC
KJLGD21FN
waynosworld

Re: 1987 D21 SD25 for sale; - - - - - SOLD !

Post by waynosworld »

I like happy endings, second one I read about today.