eBay (NY): CN4-33 engine, $550

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

asavage
Site Admin

eBay (NY): CN4-33 engine, $550

Post by asavage »

Auction 110082821666, ends Jan-29-07 17:45:31 PST
Here we have a 4 cyl. diesel engine made by the Nissan Diesel Motor Co. LTD. Model # CN4-33 , Ser. # 143089 , Rated Out Put 48HP at 3200 RPM , Cont. Out Put 36HP at 2600 RPM. This engine was removed from an aircompressor. I got it about 6 years ago from the estate of someone I knew. He told me that it had been rebuilt and was in the process of putting it in his boat. The engine is complete except for the fan, I have to check my storage unit to see if I can find it. This engine is free and should run but I'm selling it as is and where is for local pick up only. Payment and pick up to be within 14 days of auction end by cash or moneny order and I will help to load. This is also the same engine International put in their diesel scouts and pick ups. I don't know a whole lot about this but if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

I've had a few people tell me that International only used 6 cyl diesels in their scouts. However, in the past I have seen a scout listed on ebay with a 4 cyl. diesel and the pics. were very clearly showing it as a 4 cyl. diesel. As I don;t know a whole lot about them, It could have been a transplant? Anyway this engine can be used for many different things, would work great for a generator.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Notice the water pump sheave.
Last edited by asavage 16 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
83_maxima

Post by 83_maxima »

Chrysler Nissan Diesel? Interesting...
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Chrylser bought Nissan diesels and rebadged them as their own, 60s-80s.

83_maxima

Post by 83_maxima »

asavage wrote:Chrylser bought Nissan diesels and rebadged them as their own, 60s-80s.

Thanks Al! I'd never heard of Chrysler-Nissan.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

What's got me confused is that it seems that Chrysler calls the marinized SD22 a CN-33 (???).
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

asavage wrote:What's got me confused is that it seems that Chrysler calls the marinized SD22 a CN-33 (???).
SD33 is the largest member of that engine family, with '4' being the number of cylinders. The SD22 has the same bore and stroke, just 4 cyls. 'M' for marine? 'N' for natural aspiration? 'C' for Chrysler?
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

So why CN4-33 for a Four? Wouldn't that be CN6-33, or CN4-22?

I've been guessing that "CN" = "Chrysler Nissan".
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

asavage wrote:So why CN4-33 for a Four? Wouldn't that be CN6-33, or CN4-22?

Recall 'FE', '385', and the modular engine families? Deliberately vague titles but to parts men.

Set up a forum poll with a prize. :D

Chrysler
Natural Aspiration
4 cyl
Engine family SD33
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

It's up for auction again:

Auction 110138024825, ends Jun-18-07 19:35:43
Condition: Used

Here we have a 4 cyl. diesel engine made by the Nissan Diesel Motor Co. LTD. Model # CN4-33 , Ser. # 143089 , Rated Out Put 48HP at 3200 RPM , Cont. Out Put 36HP at 2600 RPM. This engine was removed from an aircompressor. I got it about 6 years ago from the estate of someone I knew. He told me that it had been rebuilt and was in the process of putting it in his boat. The engine is complete except for the fan, I have to check my storage unit to see if I can find it. This engine is free and should run but I'm selling it as is and where is for local pick up only. Payment and pick up to be within 14 days of auction end by cash or moneny order and I will help to load. This is also the same engine International put in their diesel scouts and pick ups. I don't know a whole lot about this but if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

I've had a few people tell me that International only used 6 cyl diesels in their scouts. However, in the past I have seen a scout listed on ebay with a 4 cyl. diesel and the pics. were very clearly showing it as a 4 cyl. diesel. As I don;t know a whole lot about them, It could have been a transplant? Anyway this engine can be used for many different things, would work great for a generator.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Same engine again. Same pics.
Auction 110150589455, ends Jul-25-07 08:41:48 PDT
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Same engine again, now down to $550.
neilm

Post by neilm »

asavage wrote:So why CN4-33 for a Four? Wouldn't that be CN6-33, or CN4-22?

CN4-33... I think it's the old Detroit Diesel nomenclature - 4 cyl, 33 cubic inch/cyl i.e., 4(33)/61=2.16 liters... SD22?

Neil
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

It's up for auction again, and this time . . .
!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE FINALE LISTING FOR THIS MOTOR, THEN ITS OFF TO THE SCRAPE YARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Auction 110179430610, ends Oct-17-07 07:36:17 PDT
Here we have a 4 cyl. diesel engine made by the Nissan Diesel Motor Co. LTD. Model # CN4-33 , Ser. # 143089 , Rated Out Put 48HP at 3200 RPM , Cont. Out Put 36HP at 2600 RPM. This engine was removed from an aircompressor. I got it about 6 years ago from the estate of someone I knew. He told me that it had been rebuilt and was in the process of putting it in his boat. The engine is complete from fan to oil pan and includes the wiring harness control panel and key. This engine is free and should run but I'm selling it as is and where is for local pick up only. Payment and pick up to be within 14 days of auction end by cash or moneny order and I will help to load.

Gonna "scrape" it if someone won't give him $550? Well, crazy is as crazy does.
philip
Deceased

Post by philip »

asavage wrote:It's up for auction again, and this time . . .
!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE FINALE LISTING FOR THIS MOTOR, THEN ITS OFF TO THE SCRAPE YARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on Al ... you know you need another alternator, starter, IP, injectors, ... and then clean them up and stock them. :wink:
-Philip
Passed 08May2008

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

It's in New York! And I get given better engines than that!