Scored or worn LD28 crank wanted, also, L24E rods

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

Xnke

Scored or worn LD28 crank wanted, also, L24E rods

Post by Xnke »

Yeah, I'm a 240Z guy.

Yes, I do want your LD28 crank, if it's been run in screwed up rod bearings. LD28 blocks are ok too, as long as the bores are worn out. The crank is wanted for an experiment, but it should be in good shape as far as main journals go, and the crank nose and keyways need to be usable.

pretty much, if you have an VO7 crank with grungy rod journals, i'd be very happy to re-purpose it for a rip-roaring 3.4L gas-powered L.

If not, then a regular old L28 crank would work too...but just not to the same extent.

For the same project, I'm looking for a set of good L24e rods. Again, junky bearings are fine.
HowlerMonkey

Post by HowlerMonkey »

Sounds like someone wants to offset grind the journals for more stroke and use the smaller big end l24e rods with it.

Remember to grind reliefs in the block for that big throw.
Xnke

Post by Xnke »

Shhhhhh! no kibbutzing from the HybridZ forums!

Yep, that's the idea. I'd also like to grab a worn out LD block, so I can make use of longer 4G63 rods, too. I can feel the money spilling from my broke college kid hands already...

Anyone know of any around the Nashville or Louisville areas, bowling green areas, Kentucky or Tennessee?