83 sd22 wiring diagram

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

deloscuervos

83 sd22 wiring diagram

Post by deloscuervos »

Hi i'm relatively new to the 710 and i bought one that ended up having some pretty severe wiring problems. Some fool did all sort of horrendous things and now i have to fix them. I've had some trouble finding complete wiring diagrams and hoping someone has digital copies available.

Thanks for this amazing resource,

"Put-puting my way to freedom"
A people that are uneducated and disempowered and disregarded to benefit the moneyed interest, is a danger to itself and all of it's kin.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

There seems to be few SD22 engines in 1983 720s.

Do you have a 720 (pickup), or did you really mean 710 (I don't know if the 710 was still being mfgr'd in 1983)?

Are you certain that your 1983 has an SD22, and not an SD25? See this post for pictures of where to look on the block.

It's always best in the long run if you purchase a Factory Service Manual ("FSM") if you're going to do your own maintenance. They are widely available on eBay, and I often post links to eBay Datsun manuals in this long-running thread. I sometimes have spare FSMs available myself, if you can't find one elsewhere.

Finally, I have some electrical pages scanned and online (though not currently 1983).

For the 720, I have 1982's and 1984's entire electrical section online (pages beginning with "20" in my index):

http://asavage.dyndns.org/Nissan