Junkyard 82 Diesel Wagon. Helping Crank Pirates?

General information about the first-generation Nissan Maxima in the US. What was the Datsun 810 became the luxury leader Maxima in the US in 1981.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

nissan_nerd

Junkyard 82 Diesel Wagon. Helping Crank Pirates?

Post by nissan_nerd »

While I was on vacation, a 82 Maxima wagon DIESEL popped up in my local yard! Couldn’t believe it! Last time I had to drive all the way to Fresno for LD specific parts. I got word that the diesel crank was still there, so I went down to the yard the first day I got back.

Well… I was beat by a father and son team who was at it since Wednesday trying to pull the damn thing. Ended up helping them since they genuinely wanted it for their stroker Z build. They spent two years looking for one for a good deal, and I’d hate to be that asshole who got in their way trying to make a quick buck.

After a couple hours it was out! These two would have been there all day if it wasn’t for me in all honestly. Mechanically inclined but not hard core mechanics from what I can tell. God help them when they get started on the L31 build.

When we finally freed the crank from the block, I was amazed to see absolutely minimal wear on the bearings for a motor with 200k miles! Most of the bearings still had cross hatching on them! I of course pointed this out to them to make them feel even more bad for killing a perfectly fine LD lol. Made me feel bad myself!

Grabbed myself all six injectors with washers, the oil pan, crank pulley, and starter. Overall a pretty decent haul of spares I need to keep my LD going down the road for years to come.
0FAE1246-B083-4C57-97EF-3E7A4C021C55.jpeg
0FAE1246-B083-4C57-97EF-3E7A4C021C55.jpeg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 414 times
1982 Maxima Diesel
1977 810 RB20DE