NissanDiesel forums

Nissan diesel engines, and the people who love them
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 am 

I have found a gas engine powered Sentra with only 40,000 some odd miles on it :shock: and it is in great shape ( yes the odometer still works) The owner said he would sell for only $500 to me but it stopped running 3months ago I know it ran at that time because I saw his son driving it around town . Even the seats are in MINT condition the dash just has a hole ( I think where the speaker goes ) Would this be a Good car to swap out a cd17 and 4 sp manual into ?. My goal would be to have a car that gets 55 - 65 mpg for under $ 2500 -3000 I Found the cd17 and trans for 550 plus 200 shipping . just courious before I start. The car is all orig. the car had to be garage kept for as clean as it is.(not even sun fading.The car is an automatic at this time). :?
thanks ,
marketwatcher@bellsouth.net

Post subject:
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 am 
Site Admin

There is more to swapping to a diesel drivetrain than just the engine/trans. You'll want to look at the difference in electrics, too. I think the radiator might be different. The fuel tank is non-galvanized inside on the diesel, so you'll want to read up on removing the zinc plating before swapping.

However, if you want it badly enough, it's do-able, sure. I've rather liked mine, and wish it weren't so worn out.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.