I love my car

General information about the first-generation Nissan Maxima in the US. What was the Datsun 810 became the luxury leader Maxima in the US in 1981.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Dr. Jones

I love my car

Post by Dr. Jones »

We recently had an ice storm about an ice thick in the early morning and I had to go out, because I told some one to meet me. My car didn't get sideways once until I forced it and then it came back like it was glad to be there.

Yesterday I was working on a new house that just had the driveway roughed in. All day people were telling me I was going to have it towed out. So when I left for the day a few people came outside to see me get stuck. I started on a 40 degree incline and pulled up it for about thrity yards gaining speed all the way. Needless to say the fools were impressed. Well, I'm going to quit bragging while I'm ahead.

Joe
'82 Maxima Sedan x2
'92 Saab 9000 Griffin Edition Wrecked
'80 Ford E100(twisted tranny) SCRAPPED
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Yup, I've been impressed with the way I can get around in snow around here -- of course, "snow" around here isn't much, compared to where some of you folks live. But I've never had the wagon stuck (yet). For an open-diff, rear-drive rig, it's very easy to handle in slippery stuff.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Dr. Jones

Post by Dr. Jones »

Amen!
'82 Maxima Sedan x2
'92 Saab 9000 Griffin Edition Wrecked
'80 Ford E100(twisted tranny) SCRAPPED