$2000 NOS SD33T

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

LD28 Owner

$2000 NOS SD33T

Post by LD28 Owner »

Take a look at: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/640446441.html
Nissan SD33T 6 cyl turbo diesel from Scout II - $2000 (SE Pdx)
Reply to: sale-640446441@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-12, 9:55PM PDT

I had planned on converting my Scout over to diesel but haven't done it and this engine has been sitting in a friend's garage for a year. It is on a rolling engine stand. I bought it from a shop teacher in Canada who worked for an IH dealership and purchased a new 1980 Scout II diesel when they first came out. The cold Manitoba winter cracked the block and he sent it back to warranty it. They gave him a new engine (this one) and he decided to convert his Scout to gasoline before the winter came. So, this new motor sat in his shop classroom for over 20 years, almost brand new. Unfortunately, the humidity of the northwest has added a bit of surface rust onto it but it's still in great shape. I would like to recoup most of my investment importing and shipping it to Portland so the price is pretty firm. Check around, you won't find another one for this price. It comes with manuals, filters and more.

asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

That's a helluva deal, if you already have one that needs rebuilding. From the story, it ought to be a long block, not a complete engine with IP and accessories. No pics in the ad.
billy_666

Post by billy_666 »

asavage wrote:That's a helluva deal, if you already have one that needs rebuilding. From the story, it ought to be a long block, not a complete engine with IP and accessories. No pics in the ad.

Wish this was around, my sd33t just went bloom!