WTB: 1983 Maxima diesel 5 speed

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

barkford

WTB: 1983 Maxima diesel 5 speed

Post by barkford »

I know this is a stretch but I hold out hope - I am looking for an 83 5 spd maxima LD28 with a decent body. I currently have the same and the engine and drivetrain are perfect. It only has 122k miles! My problem is that my roof is SEVERELY rusted (big ugly holes) and is too much body work for me. I would prefer to find a decent donor car and move my engine over to a decent body. I don't know how the previous owner decided to ignore the holes but it is way to much for me to try to get fixed.
(Lesson learned for me)

I am located in North Carolina.
Any and all suggestions are welcome. This is truly too unique of a car to give up!
hitch

maxima

Post by hitch »

There is an 83 dsl body shell in the salvage yard near me. It was an automatic, the engine and trans are missing. Very little rust, but it is sitting with the doors, trunk and hood open for awhile. Let me know if you want me to get pictures.
Current cars, 81 720 diesel king cab, 79 210 woody wagon, 72 510 2 door, 83 Maxima, 77 B210.
Dr. Jones

Post by Dr. Jones »

Do you still have this vehicle?
'82 Maxima Sedan x2
'92 Saab 9000 Griffin Edition Wrecked
'80 Ford E100(twisted tranny) SCRAPPED
barkford

The salvage car

Post by barkford »

Hitch - if you happen to be close to the salvage yard again I would appreciate any photo you could get. Don't make a special trip. I am still trying to figure out who and how to do this! Thanks!