When installing the Trilogy exit trim ETDL/ETPDL, and using the cylinder adapter kit ET-SIC for Schlage FSIC:
- Use a Schlage FSIC rim cylinder, 20-079 or equivalent.
- Remove and throw away the rim cylinder's "guts": retainer e-clip, tailpiece bar & FSIC driver. Only the bare housing is used.
- Install the ET-SIC kit's spacer washer under the FSIC cylinder's plug retainer cap.
- Use the kit's cap retaining pin, where possible. The FSIC cylinder plug retaining cap pin in the kit is steel, .105" dia., and will not fit in some FSIC plugs with the .095" pin. In that case, you have to re-use the Schlage pin I suppose.
- De-burr the adapter plate. The spindle needs to insert far enough to expose the retaining clip groove when installed.
- For the rim cylinder screws, use GMS screws SCR-2 instead of the Alarm Lock screws.
- Add a wave washer (in addition to the two plastic spacers) under the head of the rim cyl. housing, or the collar will rattle.
Alarm Lock Trilogy Cylinder Adapter Kits install instructions, WI1163D.05
Alarm Lock Trilogy Cylinder Adapter Kit Addendum (gears alignment), WI1177.08
B. Gut the housing
C. FSIC spacer
F. Use GMS rim cylinder screws
The Alarm Lock screw heads are .276" dia. and when you tighten them the heads deform the cylinder adapter plate HW1063 and the screws can be pulled through the adapter and allow the rim cyl. housing to fall off the front entirely.
The GMS screws are .310" dia. Part No. SCR-2 (pack of ten: SCR-2-10). I pay $10 for a pack of ten from KDL.
A "standard" 12-24 screw head is ~.421" and even if you could grind it smaller, it would interfere with the spindle.