SD25 in Nissan Navara to SD25 in 720 4wd

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

snickers362

SD25 in Nissan Navara to SD25 in 720 4wd

Post by snickers362 »

I have a Diesel 720 4wd with a sd25 motor in it. I need to replace the motor now, do anyone know if the sd25 in the 720 is the same as the sd25 in the nissan navara? I have been told that it will bolt straight in to my vehicle. Can anyone confirm this is right or let me know if it won't work! Can email me at snickers362@hotmail.com
Thanks

Andrew
philip
Deceased

Re: SD25 in Nissan Navara to SD25 in 720 4wd

Post by philip »

Welcome. Kindly click on PROFILE and add your truck model, city, and country. That way, all the other members won't have to ask. Thank you.

Next ... a SD25 is a SD25 except ... on the injection pump design. In USA you'll find the Bosch Inline design while other countries use the Bosch VE (rotary).

Why are you seaking for an Navara?
Last edited by philip 17 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
snickers362

In response to...

Post by snickers362 »

Hi

I'm not actually chasing a navara engin. What has happened is that the engin in my 720 has left the land of the living thanks to a flooded creek crossing and I need to replace it. I have found a sd25 out of a navara (not locally - would need to get it here) but I don't want to buy it if it won't go into my vehicle. Someone told me that the bell housing on the gearboxes is different between these vehicles and that the notor would not go straight in. Do you know if this engin would go in or if its no good to me?

BTW: I have a 84 4wd single cab diesel ute with tipper tray and I'm from Gympie, Queensland, Australia.

Cheers

Andrew