Fuel Injector Washers

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

Carimbo

Fuel Injector Washers

Post by Carimbo »

Hi,

Before having my injectors tested/reset, I want to have new washers handy. Specifically, the wavy heat shield one at the tip, the larger one that seals the injector body to the head, and the return line crush washers. All these appear to be copper.

The local dealership was not much help and seemed to be confused as to the washers I was describing. Seemed like all they were finding were items internal to the injector itself.

The FSM states to replace these washers with new when R/R the injectors.

Does anybody have a source for these, or a parts list? Maybe the dealer can find them if I give them P/Ns.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

When I had my set of LD28 injectors rebuilt two summers ago, I send in a sample of the three washers needed along with the injectors themselves, and Olympic Fuel Injection supplied me with a new set.

Unfortunately, OFI is out of business and is in the process of selling off their assets. Apparently, their shop's property is being sold to a condo developer. They've been peddling their shop tools and inventory on Seattle CraigsList for several months.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I could give you Nissan part Nos. if you want, and you could buy them online I suppose.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
philip
Deceased

Re: Fuel Injector Washers

Post by philip »

Carimbo wrote:Hi,

Before having my injectors tested/reset, I want to have new washers handy. Specifically, the wavy heat shield one at the tip, the larger one that seals the injector body to the head, and the return line crush washers. All these appear to be copper.

The local dealership was not much help and seemed to be confused as to the washers I was describing. Seemed like all they were finding were items internal to the injector itself.

The FSM states to replace these washers with new when R/R the injectors.

Does anybody have a source for these, or a parts list? Maybe the dealer can find them if I give them P/Ns.
Have the dealer look for these external washers as part of the head gasket set rather than the injector alone. I ran into a similar 'problem' in helping a Nissan dealer parts'kid' locate the tip sealing washers for my SD (which they said were an expired number).
SD washers
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"