New member/About my car

This is where we can post about our rigs, specs, ongoing plans, etc., links to pics.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

TheDieseliminator

New member/About my car

Post by TheDieseliminator »

Hi, I just joined the forum and was referred from the Nissan/Datsun 720 pickup owner's group on MSN. Al, you should recognize me from over there and you've got a great site here. I own a 1982 Datsun Maxima diesel sedan with a little less than 212,000 miles and has been a reliable car for the two and a half years I've owned it. Bought it back when I was 17 and had 169,500 miles on her. Bought the car for $250, but needed a radiator fan and rear driveshaft before it could be moved under the power of that great diesel engine. :D I went to go put it on EbayMotors a little less than a year ago and didn't sell it on the auction. But, now I've decided to keep the car and am in the process of getting it back on the road. And the next step to pass Pennsylvania inspection allowing me to start driving the car again. Glad to be a member and hope to learn more from other members. Thanks.

Salvy
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

We have several wagons amongst our members, but only three sedans I think. They're mostly the same, excepting the rear suspension/brakes, and the availability of the 5-spd.

My '82 wagon is from PA too!

Do you have any pictures for us?
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
TheDieseliminator

Post by TheDieseliminator »

Al, I do have a few pictures of the car. I have them on a floppy disk or a CD, but not exactly sure which. I will activate a few pictures here pretty soon.