liquimoly/lubromoly diesel purge

Discuss (and cuss) the Nissan LD-series OHC Six diesel engine, popularly available in the US in 1981-83 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedans & Wagons.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

minimog

liquimoly/lubromoly diesel purge

Post by minimog »

I've just completed a diesel purge with this product. I was very sceptical before I started, but have been very impressed with the results.
I was having some smoke and rough idling problems until the engine had "cleared it's throat" so to speak. Also so loud tapping from the front of the engine.
Post purge has completely cleared the smoke and idling problems and the tapping has been iradicated.
I used the product neat and introduced it into the fuel system with temporary flow and return lines from the pump. The flow line had an inline filter on it.
I think I had a leaking injector caused by carbon build up towards the front of the engine, not anymore :D
I know the best solution would be to remove the injectors and have them serviced but the cost is astronomical compared to £10/$15 for the diesel purge.
I would highly recommend this should be done as part of and annual service. I certainly will.
Sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch, it's not meant to be. Just thought I'd pass on my results from a product that actually does what it says on the tin. :D
windsock

Post by windsock »

Minimog, I'd never heard of this so had to look it up. Interesting concept, purging the system with this stuff in remedial mode. How much did you run through your engine? Does it say anything about affecting any of the seals along the way?

Are you planning on running it in the fuel system preventatively?

Cheers,

Phil
Good roads lead to bad fishing.
dn29626

Post by dn29626 »

It is popular among the mercedes crowd.
82 King Cab 2wd (nice)
82 Reg Cab (body damage)
Anderson , SC
Since Fall 2009
minimog

Post by minimog »

I used 1tr, so 2x 500ml containers. From my search on tinternet I found out it's approx. 65% diesel and 35% naptha. I found out about it on a Benz site and figured if it is good enough for them it should be O.K. in our pumps which are virtually the same. I done intend to use it as a preventative just do it once a year as a clean up.

Cheers, Dave.
minimog

Post by minimog »

I used 1tr, so 2x 500ml containers. From my search on tinternet I found out it's approx. 65% diesel and 35% naptha. I found out about it on a Benz site and figured if it is good enough for them it should be O.K. in our pumps which are virtually the same. I done intend to use it as a preventative just do it once a year as a clean up.

Cheers, Dave.
minimog

Post by minimog »

Cheers, Dave.
windsock

Post by windsock »

Found this on my search but I am not a chemist so it doesn't mean anything to me...

Safety Data Sheet

Naptha in two forms is a major component along with another checmical.

Seems well represented in the webworld of motoring forums. Might look for it next time I pass a particular motoring shop.

Cheers for the heads up.

Phil
Good roads lead to bad fishing.
1982810maximadiesel

Post by 1982810maximadiesel »

I have used it on my 82 maxi as preventive maintainance but have not noticed any results. She runs to good...

82 maxima diesel 5 speed approaching 400k miles
1982810maximadiesel

I have used it on my 82 maxi as preventive maintainance but have not noticed any results. She runs too good...

1982810maximadiesel

I have used it on my 82 maxi as preventive maintainance but have not noticed any results. She runs too good...

minimog

Post by minimog »

You must have it was quite good to use it three times. :lol: