FOR SALE: running SD-22 w/ extras

SD diesels were widely available in the US in the 1981-86 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickups, and in Canada through '87 in the D21 pickup.

Moderators: plenzen, Nissan_Ranger

weezle_deezle

FOR SALE: running SD-22 w/ extras

Post by weezle_deezle »

Heya All,
A few years ago I built an awesome SD-22 based powertrain for my Jeep XJ Wagoneer. I was hoping to drive the truck for another 300+K miles, but the frame on the jeep broke last year- so I wanna sell the engine/trannny/transfer case unit to someone who can appreciate the hard work I put in. I have too many projects to work on to be able to work on this on any more- and now I have a 93 dodge/cummins 4x4.
The engine had a full valve and head job less than 5k miles ago, has a new starter, new glowplugs (and a new set for later), custom intake and exhaust made for the new mitsubishi TC-05 turbo I put on it (turbo good!!). A six row serpentine belt runs the power steering, a BIG delco alternator and an air pump to make crankcase vacuum. I installed a centerforce clutch to connect the engine to the borg-warner T-5 transmission (very tough five speed). This powertrain was handbuilt with lots of care and love and all the best parts. I go out every couple weeks and bounce the engine off of compression with the alternator pulley. I was getting 36-40 mpg average, and this little powerplant would push my jeep up hills that my friends jeeps with hopped up 4.0l couldn't get up. I have always run the top of the line lubricants in my vehicles- this one is no exception. I was trying to get $5000 US for the whole unit, but I will give serious thought to any reasonable offer. The engine is still in the jeep, so its safe and protected from the elements- I'd prefer if you took the entire truck- it makes nice engine storage. It would be great it if this powerplant could find a new home with a person who would continue to appreciate it the way I do- I'd hate to see it just sit and rot. I'm in southern Colorado, and will be happy to provide pics and more info to anyone interested.
I'd rather bathe in diesel than get a drop of gasoline on me. Makes a nice cologne too.
ecomike

Post by ecomike »

If you don't find a serious $$$ buyer, give me a PM. I can't make a serious $$$ value offer, but I have a bare (no drive train, had a 4.0 that blew up) 89 jeep body, stock 2 wd Cherokee, and a place to work on a swap. Time to work on it might be an issue, but it sure sounds like one I would hate to pass up, if the price came WAY, way down. I am posting a link on NAXJA for ya!!!!

Shame you are not in Houston!!!

What exactly is wrong with the frame????

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.p ... t245056772

That is one of 2 links I posted for ya!
Regards,

Mike

1985 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer, 2WD, retrofitted with SD-22 & 5 spd manual trans, a 4X4 Gas Wagoneer ltd. (XJ) Jeep, 4.0 L w/ AW4 auto, and now 2 spare 2wd Jeeps, 87 & 89.
yug sraeps

Post by yug sraeps »

Do you still have this Jeep and sd22? I would like to see some pictures. How many miles on the sd22? I have a 1981 datsun with around 300,000 miles on the engine. Uses a lot of oil. I picked up another 1981 datsun pickup with a trashed body, but less then 150,000 miles on engine. Your offer sounds inviting, but not the 5 grand. What is the least you would take?

thanks