Can't find ebayer

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

Shagbark

Can't find ebayer

Post by Shagbark »

Does anyone know the name or have a link to the company in Florida that sells the used, imported, diesel 720 engine/transmissions. I've seen them on ebay 50-times but, looked for them tonight and found nothing. I found a slick little 720 (85 / MT) with a bad engine that I may pick up if I can get one of these engine/transmissions to Oklahoma without loosing an arm or leg in the process. I think they were about $800-$900 FOB. Buying an original 720 diesel isn't really an option in this part of the world. There just aren't any to be had that I can find. There are about 500,000,000 Cummins, Powerstrokes, and Duramaxes, but no compacts. Even my diesel Maxima wasn't sold here. I bought it from a lady who moved here from California. Help is always appreciated and usually needed by me :wink: .

Frank
Frank

82 Maxima diesel wagon, AT, 139k miles (New daily driver).
85 720 pickup, AT, 235K miles, (Gasser, old daily driver).
85 F350 4x4, 185K miles (460 Gas Hog but, sometimes you gotta have some muscle).
2000 Firebird (Wife's car).
asavage
Site Admin

Re: Can't find ebayer

Post by asavage »

Shagbark wrote:Does anyone know the name or have a link to the company in Florida that sells the used, imported, diesel 720 engine/transmissions.
exportintl. I advise that you read the feedback for, say, 01-Mar-07 and 27-Sep-05. AJ has a 4% negative feedback rating, which is pretty high. I esp. don't like his boilerplate engine condition descriptions. He has NO IDEA of the actual mileage of these engines, and I doubt that he even runs them at all. I covered some of this in this post.

If you buy an engine from him, do keep us informed about the deal.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Shagbark

Re: Can't find ebayer

Post by Shagbark »

asavage wrote:
Shagbark wrote:Does anyone know the name or have a link to the company in Florida that sells the used, imported, diesel 720 engine/transmissions.
exportintl. I advise that you read the feedback for, say, 01-Mar-07 and 27-Sep-05. AJ has a 4% negative feedback rating, which is pretty high. I esp. don't like his boilerplate engine condition descriptions. He has NO IDEA of the actual mileage of these engines, and I doubt that he even runs them at all. I covered some of this in this post.

If you buy an engine from him, do keep us informed about the deal.
I see what you mean. I wouldn't even pay $200 for an engine from this guy, if all I had was his word that it was a runner. I think you could get a real good engine or a real bad one from him. Buy the time you got it shipped, you'd have over $1000 in it. I don't have that kind of money to risk with this goober. :roll:
Frank

82 Maxima diesel wagon, AT, 139k miles (New daily driver).
85 720 pickup, AT, 235K miles, (Gasser, old daily driver).
85 F350 4x4, 185K miles (460 Gas Hog but, sometimes you gotta have some muscle).
2000 Firebird (Wife's car).