Toyota RAV4 EV GEN2: Telsa Powertrain Diagnostics v1.1.42

Ongoing discussion of anything not related to Nissans or diesels.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

asavage
Site Admin

Toyota RAV4 EV GEN2: Telsa Powertrain Diagnostics v1.1.42

Post by asavage »

--- NO SUPPORT HERE ---
--- PM ONLY ---

Background

Tesla Powertrain Diagnostics (“TPD”) for Toyota RAV4 EV, v1.1.42 “simplified” installation

Feedback indicates that this can be installed on WinXP, W7, W8.x, W10. 32-bit or 64-bit.

I have personally tested it working on W10 installations only.

It is recommended to install this setup on a dedicated “garage” laptop, one that never connects to the internet, and especially never allows Windows to apply an update or patch. If there’s a major software environment change (such as a major OS update), or a significant hardware change (SSD, mainboard, or CPU), the program will fail to load . . . forever, until another license key is obtained.

Yes, if you change the HDD or SSD, this program must be re-licensed. If you run the installer again, it must be re-licensed.

If you change it, it breaks. You are warned.

Instructions here (PDF).

If you don't want to jump through the hoops outlined in that document, I can furnish and ship a (used) laptop already set up and working. I buy random quality laptops -- usually Dell, sometimes Lenovo -- via eBay and use them as a base. There is NO WARRANTY other than DOA if I make you a setup like that.

Do not assume, if you're reading this and it's ten years on, that you can reach out to me for help. Find another way. But, for now, this will be at no charge. Getting here was quite expensive, but I'm not passing that along.

--- NO SUPPORT HERE ---
--- PM ONLY ---
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.