SD 22 water housing parts needed

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

Yosemitetractor.com

SD 22 water housing parts needed

Post by Yosemitetractor.com »

Hello I`m looking for a water housing might be therostat housing for a SD 22 its got 4 bolts that hold it to the front of the engine and the top rad hose hooks to it.Does anyone have one or know where I can get one.

Thanks
Terry 559-658-8697
I like nessing with different diesel engines
philip
Deceased

Re: SD 22 water housing parts needed

Post by philip »

Yosemitetractor.com wrote:Hello I`m looking for a water housing might be therostat housing for a SD 22
You might try Nissan forklifts at Material Handling Supply

For whatever, look at this too. *Thermostats*
-Philip
Passed 08May2008
My friend, you are missed . . .

1982 Datsun 720KC SD-22

"Im slow and I'm ahead of you"
Yosemitetractor.com

sd 22 parts

Thanks for the tip on the the theromstats.I`m sure some one has a blown up sd 22 out there some where.

Thanks
Terry
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

From this post, come these pictures:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I had a couple spare, but no longer. I sold one to member TDI_joe a couple of weeks ago, scrapped a truck out and he bought most of it. You might try contacting him.

Is yours missing? If no, are you sure you can't repair yours?
Last edited by asavage 16 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
Yosemitetractor.com

Thanks guys I just found one

Thanks I just found one for $20 new.You have to tell me more about that turbo setup what kinda hp does it do? what kinda turbo? how many psi and can the engine take it for how long? and what would the parts cost do set this up?
Thanks
Terry
Yosemitetractor
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Terry, click on the picture of the engine above, and it'll take you to the thread.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Yosemitetractor.com wrote:I thought I had found one but its the wrong part this parts has 4 bolt holes in it and bolt to the front of the head and the theromstat sets in it.I know some one has this parts just sitting around.

Yosemitetractor.com 559-658-8697
Please don't start a new thread for the same topic; re-use the old thread.

Did you contact member TDI_Joe (link to his Profile is upthread)? He has one.

Visually compare yours to the pictures I posted above. If the part you need does not look like that, you do not need one that fits a 720 PU, you need an industrial/agricultural/marine version. Be certain of what you need. You have not told us what is wrong with yours (missing, broken, corroded) or what it fits.

I have one on a truck I'm parting out this weekend, and which I would sell. However, it needs to be pulled, cleaned and inspected -- it may have frozen and cracked, or be corroded. If it is in good condition, I would sell it for $20 plus shipping. If you need it checked and shipped sooner than Mon., 08-Oct-, add $15 to that, as I would have to make a special trip to pull it sooner.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
Yosemitetractor.com

theromstat housing

Sorry for the new post I didn`t know what to do there.The pic that you sent me look to be the right one.My old part froze and is badly broken.Let me know when you get the used part off and can send me a pic.I did e-mail TDI joe and here didn`t want to sell his parts right now.

Thanks
Terry
asavage
Site Admin

Re: theromstat housing

Post by asavage »

Yosemitetractor.com wrote:My old part froze and is badly broken.Let me know when you get the used part off and can send me a pic.
If yours looks like the pictures of the one above that I posted, the one I have looks exactly like that.

There are apparently two different SD22 housings: A/C and non-A/C, and one SD25 housing:Of course, most of those parts are not really available from Nissan, but you can't know that until you go to order them.

I do not know what the differences are between the three versions.
Regards,
Al S.

asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I have this one off and cleaned up:

(click on any image for larger)
Image Image Image Image

The price I quoted you is for the housing and elbow (ie no sensors).

The rectangular gasket surface is near-perfect.

The triangular gasket surface (for the thermostat outlet) has some pitting; RTV is recommended, as this area is leak-prone even when the surfaces are new.

The steel elbow shows significant corrosion near the flare. I would use it, but I would coat it with RTV and be certain to clamp well back from the flare.

The 8mm 1.25 threads are OK; neither new nor stripped. Use new bolts and they'll probably give you no trouble. I can install three helicoil inserts for an add'l $4 per hole if you wish. Always use anti-seize on these.

(My browser just told me that I've been mis-spelling "seize" all my life. I thought it was "'i' before 'e' except after 'c' (or in "Budweiser"), but apparently "seize" is another exception.)

If you've got to have the sensors too, add $15 (which is half of what I normally get for them), because it's a PITA to R&R them.

Also, as Philip already mentioned, do read The Correct Thermostat Thread, which also has links to the two correct gaskets you will need for this job, available from NAPA.

Image Image

USPS Parcel Post $8 shipping to 93614 (four days) ; $11 for Priority (two days). Probably can't ship until Tuesday, unless I get a break Monday (Mondays are crazy at work).
Regards,
Al S.

Yosemitetractor.com

SD 22 parts

Thanks for the parts up date.Can you send me a pal pal bill or do you want to do card over the phone? piroity mail with no senders.
To Yosemitetractor
33122 old mine place
Coarsegold ca. 93614
559-658-8697

Thanks
Terry
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

I can't send a bill without an email address. How 'bout you use PayPal "Send Money" instead? My PayPal ID is "asavage@iname.com".

$20 for housing w/o senders
$11 for USPS Priority
-----
$31 total
Regards,
Al S.

Yosemitetractor.com

SD 22 part

Ok pal pal
Thanks
Terry
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Got it.

I actually tried to mail it today, but that pesky USPS is closed. Some kind of gov'ment holiday.

It'll go out tomorrow.
Yosemitetractor.com

sd 22 parts

great thanks.
Do you know where I can get a manual for the sd 22 engine? I`m looking for stuff like valve clearince and injector opening pressure.
Thanks
Terry