WTB: circuit breaker(s)

Buy it, sell it, negotiate, haggle, drag it out from under the workbench or behind the garage and make it someone else's problem!

Moderators: glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger, kassim503

retired

WTB: circuit breaker(s)

Post by retired »

I need a replacement window circuit breaker for my 83 diesel maxima sedan. It looks like I could use a door lock breaker as easily. Any spares out there? [HINT: if you have a carcass, they're located in the passenger side panel in front of the door]
1982 Datsun Maxima wagon LD28 [one owner; lost to rust in 2002]
1983 Datsun/Nissan Maxima sedan LD28 252139 miles in daily use again; one owner.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Member Mark_Hartz still has an '81 Wagon in his yard for now. I'm sure he'd dig out what you need. He has no email, nor does he frequent this forum anymore. Call his cell at 360.531.3310 . PST hours.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

Marked pulled out everything in the right kick panel area, and could not find anything that matched your description:
retired wrote:On my 83 sedan it is located behind the side panel just in front of the passenger door. Both the door lock and window breakers were there on mine. At the moment the windows won out, I used the door lock breaker to get the windows back up. It appeared to be the same. Black cylinder shape with the following markings:

24330D0100
TD107-1 12V
JIDECO JAPAN
I went over there and looked at what was in the '81 Wagon. I took pics of the only circuit breaker there (one, and one only):

(click on any image for larger)
Image Image Image

Then I went home and got out the 1981 Diesel Supplement & 1982 FSM, and it's true:
  • 1981 uses a fusible link for the PDL and a rectangular CB for the PW;
  • 1982 has identical (AFAICT) round CBs for both PDL & PW.
I think the PW CB also protects the power sunroof.

It looks as if the actual harness connector is the same in both years, so this 1981 rectangular CB will likely work (electrically) in your '83, though you might not have a drilled mounting hole for its bracket. Could you make do?

Otherwise, I'll look in the JYs for a Gen1 Maxima and get you a correct-style CB, but it might be a while. Some member here needs a rear deck lid too for a Sedan, still looking for one of those.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
retired

Post by retired »

Great! I'll try the odd shaped one; I imagine that you are correct and that it will work electrically. My '83 sedan's PDL and PW ones were round and identical like you indicate they are for the '82s. [Both circuits also have fusible links]

I would appreciate it if you would keep an eye out for the 'real' things when you visit those JYs. I'd still like to get one spare CB at least and try to get a spare for each of those control modules hidden behind the cabin panels and under the seat(s). I know they do fail since I'd had to bypass the timer circuit/module for the glow plugs and had just used a push button to control the plug relay on my old '82 wagon.

I appreciate all Mark's and your efforts. If I need to send any of the circuit diagrams or location diagrams from my manual, or any thing else, let me know.
1982 Datsun Maxima wagon LD28 [one owner; lost to rust in 2002]
1983 Datsun/Nissan Maxima sedan LD28 252139 miles in daily use again; one owner.