bluebird 1977 810

This is where we can post about our rigs, specs, ongoing plans, etc., links to pics.

Moderators: goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

davehoos

bluebird 1977 810

Post by davehoos »

just been a bit silly and purchased this.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0462768340
its an L20B with a B/W35 auto and BW70 ser diff.

i have a 910 LD20T auto sitting here bolts to a 4 speed auto and a jatco 3 speed in shed.im thinking that the bw should bolt to the engine with only a bodifitation to the throttle control cable[not vacume electric controled].

Im interested in hearing for people with conversion bits.air intake fuel filter bracket,etc.some good pictures will do as i could manufacture most bits.

to fit the LD20II to fit i like a RWD intake manifold IP[in bits] with throttle cable on the engine side of pump[fwd-vanette.]

i was thinking about fitting a mitubishi sigma diff[same type] with taller ratio and disc brakes.the hand brake is the same but 910 in OZ has live imported diff same as maxima wagon..the japanese use a 3.7 but use 13 inch wheels.i have to test it on the road first.5 speed boxes was rare in this age car.this is a simple 3 speed auto.
i have a nice set of S12 gazell mags14X5.5

this car is a 1977 type 1 it has the diesel type front engine mounts
so im also guessing its got the original japanese front non floating calipers that ill replace with the ser3 910 or vented R31PBR girling colette type.
.toyota XT130,sigma are also similar and vented using the same struts,the difference is the possition of the disc compared to the tyre to allow bigger wheels on the sigma turbo.may be better again.
WCJR31 Skyline.3.0 manual.wagon
R31 SKYLINE/Passage GT/PINTARA
LPG Ford Falcon 99-06 93 Disco
Local Shire Southern Zone Mechanic.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

That's kinda cute - and clean. <g> The rain shield looks a little large and wide, though. Don't see those much here anymore; I remember them as being closer in to the car...

Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

RAIN SHEILD
called weather shields here.
some have movable vents at the front.

in japan they are more like 2 inch strips to stop the water dripping in to the car when paying tolls ect.

australian cars of this age tended to be driven all year round with he windows open.no a/c and many pre 75 models had no heater.

had a hicup with the tow truck,got a few calls that no body around to get keys ect.tonight i pushed it out into the street for pickup,had a good look over it.the boot lid has rust spots from drips in a shed.tyres are history.
front seat is dirty colour but the trim is unmarked.

i have a stock engine from a 1982 model that had freshen up before i got it.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Pity about the hood; can't see any rust in the pic, though. Maybe if the spots are small enough you just clean'm up and use a tooth pick or nail polish brush w/a close color match - nobody the wiser 'less they lean over to sniff it. <g>

Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

The "boot" is the trunk, Rufus ;)

The "hood" is the bonnet :)
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

small round rust spots on bool lid[trunk] from water dips in a garage.

turrent [ roof,hood ] is factory white.the bonnet [hood] has bird poo.

minor damage on left hand side.i plan to look for new doors and mud gaurd[front wing].i want jap factory wing mirrors.look for paintable type rater than chrome.

car is now here at home,being picked up wednesday by a tilt tray.
im going this weekend to look for a head,other wise i pull a L20B out of a 720 crew cab.its a 910 ser 1 type with a mild cam.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

The "boot" is the trunk, Rufus ;)

The "hood" is the bonnet :)
Ow! Darn I thought I _knew_ that stuff! Spent many hours devouring English (British) adventure stories before high school - James Bond, too.

Oh well. What's one more wee spot of error on the shiny facade?

Fading away. Rufus
82 Maxima wagon
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

In addition to having been warped by a teenage job at a motorcycle repair shop that catered pretty much to only British rigs, one of my early cars was a Hillman Husky (you may have noted the avatar?), and I do have this other site, http://rootes.dyndns.org where I have dumped several hundred hours of idle time about a decade ago. If you go there and click on "Al's '60 Husky", you'll see a picture of an especially odd grouping of cars I owned, um . . . 28 years ago.

Sorry, Dave, for this slight thread hijacking. Good thing you can't throw a brick through my backlight.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

I ve had several different hillman hunter.these are chrysler built.
these replaces simca.prefered sydney built BMC products.

had a deadly fast hillman IMP.
I saw husky and thought imp van.i think it was the backlight comment that puzzled me.imps have the rear escape hatch.
I saw a Commer version on EBay last month go for silly amount.
Good thing you can't throw a brick through my backlight.
i had to think about this one.my wife didnt know what your talking about.

austrailian term is screen.windscren-rearscreen-have a screen fitted.

when i worked for landrover factory we fitted float to backlight and sealed the screen.
davehoos

Post by davehoos »

thought the tensioner had fallen down inside.
pulled it down to confirm all is ok.

replaced the short guide with a LD20 but the long guide was different construction.ive also planed to use an LD20T oil pump.much larger and has higher pressure setting.