Lost turn signals, Hazard AND Windows !!

General information about the first-generation Nissan Maxima in the US. What was the Datsun 810 became the luxury leader Maxima in the US in 1981.

Moderators: plenzen, glenlloyd, goglio704, Nissan_Ranger

fergie

Lost turn signals, Hazard AND Windows !!

Post by fergie »

Don't know how I did it ....But I've lost turn signals, Hazard AND Windows. AND every time I put a new fuse in POW I'll also mention when it comes to electrical I have about as much "know how" as flying an F-16 (no prior military Xperirence)

HELP PLS
Fergie in San Pedro, Ca 1982 Maxima wagon 181,000+ miles
83_maxima

Post by 83_maxima »

You've got a dead short somewhere.

Not an easy job or one for a novice without A LOT of patience.

You will end up tracing the power back through the various "inoperable" circuits and try to pinpoint where you are losing power, or where the wire has grounded out. It might be easy and in an obvious place, or it might not be.

I would take a close visual inspection of the area under the hood, near the battery leads and see if you notice any visibly corroded or bad connections there. If one of the wires corroded through, it may be grounding on the frame, etc.
asavage
Site Admin

Post by asavage »

fergie, please update your Profile (click on "Profile" at the top of any page) and edit your Signature to include your car. And adding something to your Location field would be helpful, too.

I need to know which year Maxima, in order to look at the correct wiring diagram, to give you some clues.
Regards,
Al S.

1982 Maxima diesel wagon, 2nd & 4th owner, 165k miles, rusty & burgundy/grey. Purchased 1996, SOLD 16Feb10
1983 Maxima diesel wagon, 199k miles, rusty, light yellow/light brown. SOLD 14Jul07
1981 720 SD22 (scrapped 04Sep07)
1983 Sentra CD17, 255k, bought 06Jul08, gave it away 22Jun10.